Chapter 46

As soon as we walked in, despite it still being morning, Jumin took out two wine glasses. Elizabeth bolted towards him snuggling into his hand.

"You took the day off, didn't you?" I asked. As soon as I spoke Elizabeth turned around and bolted towards me by the door. She rubbed her head against my leg. I kneeled down, and began to rub her neck.

"Technically, we're still in Paris. Flight got delayed. Now, get wine drunk with me," Jumin sighed. He took the cork out of the deep red bottle. I placed my suitcase by the door.

"Al! Come in here and put my fiancée's suitcase in our room right now!" Jumin called.

In came a man from security who rushed to put the suitcase upstairs. I stood by the door, tapping my heel as Jumin looked at me confused. Just as quickly as Al had come in, he left. "Thank you, Al," I smiled as I closed the door.

"What's wrong? What did I do?" Jumin asked.

"I'll give you a second," I sighed.

Jumin took just a moment before suddenly recognizing. "Sorry. Yes. I promise you a life here where you can make your own choices then...immediately force my security guard to come in here and put your bag upstairs. Understood," Jumin nodded.

"Thank you," I smiled. He chuckled. I took Elizabeth and placed her on top of the kitchen island where she liked to be. She sat firmly in the center watching us speak.

"You're difficult. I like it," he said, finally pouring the two glasses. I walked over towards him, and he took one of my hands in his. He rubbed my hand with his thumb and looked at me in my eyes before softly kissing my forehead.

He leaned forward, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "I was so afraid I had lost you. I was so afraid," he mumbled. I could feel a wet spot begin on my shoulder and it became evident he was crying.

"Oh no," I said, wrapping my arms around him as well. I could feel Elizabeth crawl up my back onto Jumin's shoulder.

"I can't do that again. I can't," he whispered. I gently tilted his head up so he was looking at me.

"You won't," I said. "We will always work things out. We won't just run away. I promise." He let go of me, and gently took Elizabeth off of his shoulder before gently placing her on the island again.

"I very much so need this wine," Jumin said, sort of straightening himself out for a moment before leaning over the wine glass. His jet black hair was messy, and I couldn't see his face because of it.

"Jumin, I don't mind getting wine drunk with you. But maybe when you don't feel extremely depressed?" I offered.

"You're right. I don't necessarily like that you are. But you're right," Jumin sighed. He pushed one of the wine glasses towards me.

"Thanks," I answered, taking a sip from the glass. Jumin pushed his own glass a little bit away from himself.

"At least for now. At least until I calm down," He sighed again. He leaned back and pushed his hair off of his face, inadvertently slicking it back off of his face. "How is your father? And your mother?"

"My father is great. My mother is well...herself," I groaned.

"I understand. My mother has a tendency to be...herself," Jumin groaned back.

"And your father? How is he?" I asked.

"He didn't take too kindly to the whole situation," Jumin said, gesturing to the two of us. "After you broke up with me, he immediately started searching for another woman who he wanted me to marry. I told him I had no intention of marrying anyone besides you. He begged me not to make a fool out of myself by proposing to you. I didn't listen."