Chapter 9

So just let me deal with it, I can be emotionally flawed and still love you all at the same time. I’m a great multitasker.

Holly Hood

~

"Any particular reason why?" I asked.

"Oh. If they got a picture of your face, which I tried my best to prevent, they'll track you down. They'll find you, and harass you, until you finally admit whatever it is they want you to admit."

"Oh?" I said, nervously. This day hadn't gone as planned. I expected to go help a cat take great pictures. Instead, I witnessed Mr. Han almost get himself drunk on expensive wine, after he made me let him take me to work. I suppose this is just a lesson in expectations.

I, for now, chose to focus on anything else. Hearing my anxiety rise? From my heartbeat to my breathing? It's not exactly productive. Deep breaths. Deep...everything. Rarely do I ever focus on not focusing, but right now its necessary.

When we arrived back, Mr. Han turned directly into his office and slammed the door. Jaehee looked up at me.

"You look...bedraggled," she said.

"He took me to his penthouse," I said. Jaehee refrained from laughing.

"So sorry, Miran. I'll let you know when your car gets here," she said smiling.

"Thanks," I said, sighing as I headed to my computer. As soon as I sat down, I knew I had lots of work to do. Completing it wasn't a difficult task, but I was glad when my desk phone rang. It was just Jaehee letting me know that my car had made it back, but the momentary relief was just that. I was beyond glad to escape and go home. This time, I had another glass of red wine and really understood where Mr. Han was coming from. Oh, Jumin, I mean. I've always had a low alcohol tolerance, so therefore, my second glass of wine made me a little buzzed. I imagine with a man as tall as Jumin, that was nowhere near the case, so perhaps he could've gotten away with a third glass of wine before work...but I didn't want to risk it. Not to mention, Jumin doesn't seem to be the drunk type in general, no matter how upset.

Maybe I shouldn't think about this much more. I'll just flip on some trashy television, and drink a 4th glass of wine for the day. Why not? Let's just make sure I'm absolutely hungover tomorrow. I turned on my television to a celebrity drama channel. I nearly spit out my wine, both at my stupidity and the show. Why would I turn to a show about celebrity drama, when Jumin is a celebrity, and had a press incident today?

"Who's his mysterious girlfriend?" The woman asked, as the picture turned to an image of Jumin attempting to close the car door. All you could see were my legs, my hand, and my hair. I had apparently been whipping my head towards the window, and my long brown hair was taking up a majority of my face. You couldn't see any of my features. Unfortunately, I hadn't even noticed that I was grabbing Jumin's shoulder as he got into the car. That definitely didn't help this image.

"Are you just as shocked that I am that Jumin Han, heir to C&R, has found a girlfriend?" The man next to the woman asked.

"I can't believe it. From descriptions we heard though, she's even boring looking. Unfortunately, this is the best image we have."

Oh, thank goodness. I'm boring looking. What a compliment! Yes, perhaps I don't have the most interesting face, but I don't think its that boring. I have long brown hair that I dyed to be a brighter color. I always keep it straight...which I suppose is boring. I have a rather small nose, purse lips, and almond eyes that are fairly close on my face. I know I look incredibly Korean, but...I am Korean. And I think I'm rather cute too! Boring! What nerve. I shouldn't really be feeling the urge to dye my hair a brighter color because of this...but well...I am! Deal with it!