Chapter 26

"Miran," Jumin, said heavily and breathy through the phone. It had been a few days since I stayed the night at his home and this was his first call. At least it wasn't weeks.

"Jumin," I responded equally as quiet.

"I have a proposition for you. Across the street from C&R and owned by one of my close associates is FTD. They own a very large pet store chain, and they could use an advisor so I was thinking-"

"Yes!" I interrupted. Oops. A little too excited on my part. I could hear his soft laugh through the phone.

"I figured you might say that. You'll start next Monday, and be working with a Mr. Ryu. I'm sure he'll love you. Separately and unrelated, I recommend that you go check your door. I'll speak with you soon," he said hanging up.

Only Jumin. I sighed and got up to walk to the door. I put on my slippers and walked to the front of my apartment.

I opened the door without checking the peephole to see Jumin standing there, in an amazing suit and holding a bouquet of flowers.

"I was originally going to just send the flowers, but I missed you," he said, smiling.

"You're...sweet but-" I began. I suddenly realized my appearance. Pajama pants, slippers, day-old top and hair. Not even going to talk about my smeared mascara.

"Ah!" I screamed jumping back.

"What?" Jumin asked concerned.

"I'm...ugh! I wasn't expecting you!" I said completely shocked.

"I know. You're adorable when you look so surprised," Jumin said, so incredibly calm. He didn't seem to notice why I was so offended (by myself mostly).

"Just...ugh. Come inside and wait," I explained. He sat down on the sofa.

"I made dinner reservations for 9."

"And you didn't think to warn me?" I asked, rushing off to my closet.

"No. Not exactly."

"Jumin!" I responded angrily. I chose a random blue dress and jumped in the shower. I washed my hair and quickly blow-dried it before getting properly ready with my make up and clothing. I put on blue shoes and ran into my living room.

"Why did you change? You were beautiful before," Jumin said.

"That is incredibly sweet, but no."

"Why not?" Jumin asked. "It doesn't matter. We need to go."

Jumin looked down at his watch, and went out the door, expecting me to follow. After all of this, I think Jumin needs to learn some patience. I adjusted my dress. This dress is something in and of its own. Blue and lacey, yet short, and ballerina in shape. The blue is light and bold, without being too deep. I picked up everything that needed to go into my clutch. Finally feeling as though I was presentable, I walked out the door, to see Jumin had disappeared. Suddenly, the elevator doors opened, and there was Jumin looking a bit irritated. 

"I took the elevator all the way down before realizing you weren't with me."

"To be fair, that's not really on me," I smirked, as I strolled leisurely into the elevator. Jumin rolled his eyes, but I saw the flash of the smile reminding me that I was still on good terms with him. The elevator doors closed, and Jumin looked around at the elevator. 

"You live on a rather high floor," Jumin noted. 

"Yes. It's not a penthouse, but it gives a nice view," I explained.

"I'm just counting the seconds it takes this elevator to reach the ground floor," he sighed, shrugging.

"How do you mean?" I asked. Jumin immediately leaned over, taking me with him, until the elevator wall stopped me. He kissed me passionately while taking one of his hands, and pressing it firmly to my waist, as if to remind me that I am in fact here with him, and his own. He held the kiss for a moment, before looking me in the eyes, and going in for another one, which was softer and so gentle it felt like a flower on my lips. He gradually applied more pressure before releasing and going in for another. He released, then with his face still close to mine, began to speak.

"5," he mumbled. 

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Shh...shh..3," he said, calmly. "2."

On the mark of one, he kissed me, and the elevator doors opened. I heard the clicks and flashes of cameras and the screaming of paparazzi. Except, I couldn't be bothered to care. Jumin Han is kissing me...and he wants the world to see. He wants the world to know I'm his, and I'm completely okay with it.

I don't care that my boss will see. I don't care that my mom or dad will see. I don't care that Jaehee will see. Despite all the noise, there was perfect silence in this kiss.