Chapter 18

BRENNEN'S POV

I couldn't think straight. I had to kill him. I needed to know my mate would be safe, forever.

Why did Landon have to do this? My best friend did this? But..how?

I remember when we were 14, at the beach on vacation.

FLASHBACK

"Hey Landon, want to go fishing? The Dad's said we could go without them as long as we don't do anything stupid." I asked Landon. Landon laughed and got up from his bed. He got his sweatshrit, and followed me.

We ran out the door, and walked down the street to the beach. Our beach house was across the street from the beach, so we didn't have to walk far.

When we were all set up with our fishing rods, we sat down on the sand.

"So how's it been since what, June?" Landon asked. We hadn't seen each other since june, it now being late july.

"Nothing really." I told him, "I heard our Dads talking about us finding mates soon." I told him with a shrug.

"We're not young anymore are we?" Landon asked. I hadn't really thought of it to be honest.

"I guess not." I told him while pulling my line in after I felt a nibble. Damn, it got away. "Anyone you have your eyes on?"

"Not really. Well there's this girl in my history class, Vanessa."

"Vanessa?" I asked. I thought of anyone named Vanessa. I don't know anyone.

"Yeah. She's really pretty. We've actually been dating for a little."

"She must be pretty cool for my cousin." I joked. Landon pulled in a small fish, and let it go.

"Yeah, I want her to be my mate.

END OF FLASHBACK

STILL BRENNEN'S POV

I was hurt. Hurt and angry. He was my cousin! But he did this to my mate!

I got up, and ran outside. I ignored the yells from Vanessa, and just ran to the woods.

I shifted and ran to his house. When I got there, I shifted again, and rang the doorbell. I'm going to do this in human form.

"Hey Brennen! Come on in, oh, I'm sure Landon wouldn't mind lending you clothes. He's just in his room." Aunt Jen told me, while making dinner. I controled myself and put a nice face on, but when I was out of her sight, I was back to angiush.

I didn't bother knocking, I just barged in.

He was laying on his bed, watching TV.

I stood there with my fist's clenched, just staring at him with a lethal face.

"Brennen, chill out bro." He told me, getting up and throwing me a pair of basketball shorts.

"Landon," I said trying to stay calm. My teeth were clenched, hard. All I could think of was what he did to my Mate.

"What the hell is your problem man?" Landon asked me. I shoved him into his bed.

"You're my problem." I told him. His face was scared.

He deserves to be scared. He should be scared.

"What the hell man? I didn't do anything to you!" He yelled.

"YOU DID SOMETHING TO VANESSA THOUGH, DIDN'T YOU LANDON!?" I yelled at Landon. His face showed he knew what I was talking about.

"What did that bitch tell you?" I punched him in the face, hard. When he turned around, his cheek was red, and you could tell it was swelling.