Color 6

Emptiness. 

He awoken to the sound of nothing and the emptiness in his heart. It was interesting to him, how emptiness can weigh so heavily within his heart. As though a curse has imprinted him, making him feel numb yet feel wrong at the same time. Turning his head to face his digital clock restlessly, he read the time with a slight blurred vision however he managed. It was only 6 in the morning, and he could hear the chirping from the birds outside his window, singing a tune to themselves as the sun rises. 

Lifting up his head from the pillow, the faint and familiar scent of paint filling his senses and reminding him of home. A messy home, however he recognizes it as the place he can only call 'home'. Closing his eyes, he felt his own body shut down against the comfort of the mattress, sinking but he felt like he is falling. His mind feeling mushy, as though he could not manage any thoughts within his fuzzy mind. He can't exactly remember if he had any classes or what day it was. 

He could only remember the soreness within his wrist whenever he maneuvered the paintbrush gracefully, a flow within his art as many colors mixed or contrasted onto the canvas. The artwork finished in two days, as he secluded himself from the world to finish. 

Thankfully, his roommate is the most understanding and bring him dinner to remind the artist that he is human. 

An abrupt knock was heard on the door, and he let the stillness paralyze him. One's perspective could call him 'lazy', however in reality, he only felt the lack of motivation to move a muscle and leave the bed. He felt empty after finishing the artwork the night before. Nothing was planned for him, nor did anyone blow up his phone to drag him outside of his own room. He didn't yearn for anyone's desperation, however he would think it would be nice to know someone cared for him. 

He could imagine. 

"Mingyu! I will be leaving, I already cooked breakfast this morning. The paint on your project is dried and I expect you to leave your damn room to attend your classes. You haven't left your damn room in 2 days!" scolds his roommate from the other side of the wooden door, the Chinese male sounding like a mother than a worried best friend. The tall brunette didn't respond, acknowledging the dryness within his throat, he decided to remain speechless as he heard the footsteps falter away into a drift. 

He was alone. 

Reaching over to his mobile phone on the nightstand beside his bed, turning on the device and the screen making his own eyes sting without a adaptation to the bright light flashing back at him. Notifications numbered zero, and he felt the heaviness weigh an additional amount of weight as he closes his phone. Not bothered to check social media, but he only let loneliness accompany him and let time drag slowly. Supposedly, he should sleep. 

But, his body rejecting the offer of sleep as his own body felt disgusting by the lack of showering for these past days. The small amount of energy making himself grumble within his sheets, finally picking himself up and gathering 'clean' laundry. He is unsure whether they are clean, but he stopped giving a shit a long time ago. Leaving the bedroom, the cramped area feeling less closed as the freshness of the hallway bit at his exposed skin with the cold morning air. Humming to himself, he entered the bathroom to take a quick shower. 

Softly humming into the lonesome atmosphere, he recognized the tune from a short musician who plays the piano with such grace. The tune recognizable and he remember the senior singing and playing the piano during his practice. It has been two days since Mingyu had accompanied the shorter, and he wondered if the blonde ever finished his arrangement. However, he never visited or had the number of the senior's to fulfill his curiosity. 

Selfishly, he locked himself away from the world than visit the musician and lose himself in the world of music with pencil and paper to make his journey a memory.