Color 12

"Mr. Lee, your mother is here to visit you."

'She isn't my mother.'

Holding his phone in hand, glancing up from his device as he sat on the tall chair. Meeting his reflection and the older woman who held the brush to paint onto his face with fake beauty, she turned away to collect her belongings and leave the young musician with his mother. 'Mother' smiled gently towards the artist, watching the woman scurry off with her set of makeup, and the silence seized the room. Jihoon staring directly at the elderly woman who is clothed in rich fabric, with hanging jewelry that may cost more than himself. 

"It's been awhile, Jihoon. I am so glad your father finally had the time to see you perform!" she cheerily says, her words sounding annoying in his ears. Her tone high with such optimism, and Jihoon grimaced as he looked back down at his device. The phone screen black as he didn't spend too much time to keep the device active. "What are you doing here?" he questions, his voice sounding monotone and he could imagine the elder's sudden frown. But, he could also imagine the force she gave, doing her best to tug her lips into a smile. 

Her heels clicked on the marble floor, almost irritating Jihoon more than her actual presence. "I just want to wish you the best of luck, my Jihoon. I am so proud of you that you came this far," she said, her sweetness reminding Jihoon of rich chocolate. The expensive chocolates almost tasting too sweet upon his tongue, and he only sighs. He didn't smile nor did he bother to meet his step-mother's face. She meant nothing to him. 

The words are empty in Jihoon's ears, and he doesn't care for them. 

"I am glad you can make it. Anything else?" the blonde looked up, finally meeting the woman's face. A stranger she is, despite her placement in Jihoon's life. He couldn't see her as his own mother, noticing the many differences in comparison. A complete opposite in personality, and a whole different person visually. He didn't have the same eyes as her, nor does she have any type of related feature to him, and he couldn't ignore those details. As much as she calls herself a 'mother', he can not call her that. 

Although, he met her as a child, he couldn't accept the differences between them. She is nothing but a replacement, but also a stranger who lived with him and his father. 

It makes Jihoon angry to see her face more than his actual mother. 

A certain sadness defined her forced smile, and she dropped her gaze from the younger. Jihoon barely noticed the dark chocolates she held in a small box, and he let out a small sigh. He shouldn't keep this pettiness or hatred towards her when she did absolutely nothing, honestly he is surprised to see her trying despite the many failed attempts. Supposedly, that is the most respectable and memorable trait from this stranger. 

However, this stranger is nothing like his real mother. 

"Thank you for coming, I mean it. You should sit with my father, he might get irritated by a student or something." Jihoon said in a soft tone, reaching out to grasp the box of sweets and she looked up, a certain glow in her enticing green eyes that reminds Jihoon of a feline. The round eyes glowering back, and he ignored the bliss decorating her face as he remains stubborn  with the acceptance towards his step-mother. Opening the box and eating a piece of chocolate, not wanting to be rude, but only showing his gratitude through actions. 

Thankfully, it worked and she bid her last 'good luck' before patting Jihoon's head. The touch reminding him of his mother's touch as a child, and he nearly melted under her touch, suddenly realizing he longed for this type of comfort. However, her touch fade away too quickly to have Jihoon cherish, and her obnoxious clicking of heels had informed him that he is now alone. Left alone to the box of chocolates, he dropped the box on the table in front of him with the bittersweet candy melting in his mouth.