Chapter 6| ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇs

Start from the beginning

"You really think you have that right to keep my baby from me?"

"I don't know," I said with a shrug. "Do you think you have the right to leave your child for years on end and pop in whenever the hell you feel it's convenient for you!"

She gasped and stared up at me like I had just slapped her. "Tuh! You know what, I didn't come here to argue with you."

I shrugged. "Then why'd you come?"

"To serve you these." She smirked while handing me a stack of papers out of her purse. "Yeah my fiancé is a lawyer, that's all I'm saying so good luck."

I froze once I realized I what it was that I was holding.

Custody papers..

"Really Elizabeth. You don't even want her! So what, you just doing this to hurt me!"

She stopped working and turned back to me. "No. Don't you dare tell me what I want! She is my child just as she is yours and I love her! I will not let you turn her against me!"

"I'm not the one turning her against you, you're doing that yourself!"

"Goodbye Y/N. See you in court." Was the last things she said before walking out and shutting the door behind her.

I stood there dumbfounded, staring down at the papers on my hands. This can't be happening.

|The next morning|

"Daddy, y-you made it!" Bria shouted as I walked into my moms house.

I smiled bending down to pick her up in my arms hugging her close. "Hi babygirl, did you miss me?"

"Mmhm I did!"

I held her body close to me like it was the last time I would be able to hold her. Now I don't know, with everything that happened earlier this morning, maybe my time is limited with her.

"Momma, I'm here!" I called out as I walked through the house with Bria attached to my hip.

"Nana is in the backyard." Bria said and I nodded.

"Well alright."

Walking through the house and into the back yard I spotted momma sitting out on the deck. "Hey momma."

"Hi son, Bria I hope you didn't open the front door?"

"No mom she didn't, I used my key." I said holding up my key as I leaned over her giving her a hug.

She smiled and I sat in one of the chairs across from her.

"So how's it going today? You feeling alright momma?"

"Oh I'm fine baby, you know me just keeping busy with my baby here."

I chuckled and nodded as I ran my fingers through Bria's hair. "Yeah I know. Thank you again for watching her mom."

She waved me off. "Oh nonsense Y/N, she's my only grand baby, I'll watch her anytime."

I know she would. She's always offering to take her especially when she knows I've been working so much overtime and that I just need rest.

"Now, hows everything going with you?"

"I'm doing ok momma." I said with a deep sigh.