Lies, lies and lies (11)

"I was quiet, but I was not blind." - Jane Austen

☆☆☆

MASON WILLIAM'S POV

I was secretly (which I hope was secretly, but perhaps perceived as creepily and intensely) staring at the woman who I may now call my wife.

She was talking and laughing with her best friend, Nathan, in our office. Her smile made my whole being melt into a puddle.

"Mason!", she turned her head around, our eyes finally meeting for what felt like an eternity.

Her cheeks a soft pink, an angelic colour, hid beneath her porcelain skin with a layer of freckles on top. Her lips plumped with a natural cherry red coat of Mother Nature.

"Yes, princess?", I tried to hide the intense burning love I felt deep in my core, but alas my affection was far greater than anything else for it could not be hidden.

"There are still some things I left at Nathan's place. I'm going to get it and bring it at ours", she says, already getting up to walk to the door.

I only nod my head, looking back at my computer screen.

"I will be back home before dinner", she exclaims, walking to the door while pulling Nathan's hand to follow.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Suppress it.

"Aren't you forgetting something?", I demand in a deep voice which I tried my best to not sound intimidating.

Right when her fingers touch the door, she turns around, looking confused.

"Forgotten something? Wait", she lets his hand go, before patting her back pockets. "I have my keys, my phone and..." she stops for a moment.

     "And?", I ask, furrowing my brows.

      She puts her left hand in the air, pointing to her ring finger.

      "And I have our wedding ring on", she smiles in joy before sticking her tongue out as if to mock me. "I'm pretty sure I haven't forgotten anything, Mason."

A bright smile spread over my lips. I felt my heart bursting out of my chest. She is the most adorable person I have ever met, only she can make me feel this way.

      "Yes, you have."

       "What?"

I point to my lips, trying to pout like a sad... indeed very sad boy.

     "Ohh", her eyes open in realisation before running back to me, jumping in my arms which were wide open to welcome her. My princess. My queen.

My arms enclose her whole form in mine. I want to tell her... 'I don't want to let you go'... but I can't. That's far too selfish.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Suppress it.

She takes me completely off guard when she quickly pecks my lips, looking straight into my soul.

Her soft lips feel like heaven against mine. My lips are still tingling, wanting and needing more.

I kiss them once more, once more and once more until the count is past 100 and I've lost the number... but still I crave more.

She finally pushes me away, her cheeks flushing bright red from shyness.

"I-I have to go now, Mason", she stammers, her eyes darting to Nathan who himself was finding refuge and safety in the dark corner.

Before she can turn around, I take her left hand in mine in a quick sway, making her gasp. She looks deep into my eyes as if she also was getting lost in my orbs.