Break the cycle (15) - the end

"Butterflies cannot see their wings, but the rest of the world can."

☆☆☆

I stood frozen, unable to move, my eyes widened from the scene in front of me. Mason hovered over Smell Bad's lifeless body. His head hung low when he let go of Smell Bad's collar and closed his eyes in what appeared like... a mix of anger, madness and frustration. His body was still shaking with utter raging fury.

He fought to restrain the beast within him, that dark abyss that lurked beneath the surface. He was holding his beast back. My breath hitched... the realisation hit me, shattering trust I had in him. He betrayed me.

    "Look at me, Mason", I said, my hand instinctively covered my stomach... a protective move. Our child is here. Ours? A sour taste spread in my mouth.

Mason finally obeyed my plea, opening his eyes, they were glowing the brightest and fiercest shade of grey I had seen since the day we met. Yet, Mason avoided my gaze, unable to confront the consequence of his very own betrayal.

I started to feel sick. He lied to me. He had betrayed my trust. He deceived me into believing it was dead, his beast was dead, that it was definitely gone out of our lives. He lied. He lied. He lied. The weight of his deceit crushed me.

    "WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME?", I screamed with a mixture of anger and desperation, my throat felt closed. I felt tears well up my eyes out of anger, but I could only fight to blink them away.

I felt my heart fasten its pace against my chest, it was running... yearning to run away from this place. But I was set. I remained resolute. No longer would I repeat the mistakes of our past. I won't run away from Mason anymore, we are having  a child together. I have to stay and listen to what he has to stay. We have to work through this together. We will work on this together and rebuild the trust that is shattered.

After what felt like an eternity. Mason finally looked up, the fiery intense glow in his eyes had faintly faded. "Princess, I-", he began, but I was overcome by a sudden wave of nausea.

I suddenly felt hella nauseous.

    "Wait, I have to throw up. Give me a second", I cut him off, already rushing to the toilet. "We will discuss this later."

Remember when I said I won't run away. Urrgh, I already failed! I lasted shorter than most guys in bed.

I will come back, Mason. I promise! But throwing up the Mac and cheese I had at this fancy gala. That would be a puke-culiar case!

Feeling somewhat relieved after emptying my stomach, though a heaviness still clouded my mind, I approached the golden sink to splash water on my face. I let out a heavy sigh, contemplating our future. Mason, I won't abandon you, but the sense of betrayal cuts deep.

This wasn't a harmless lie, like pretending to be a cat person instead of a chicken person. No, this lie struck at the core of our trust, and our relationship must now confront yet another layer of complexity.

All of the sudden I get yanked by my hair. A gasped escaped my lips when someone covered my mouth with their hand and dragged me out of the toilet. My heart beat fastened, panic surged through me.

I AM GETTING KIDNAPPED! AGAIN!

The stranger seemingly knew the lay out of this place by heart and mischievously maneuvered and evaded all the cameras and guards. They found a door at the back that led to the forest at the back of the giant castle.

We passed the door, I looked up at the full moon shining onto my face, the deeper we got into the forest the more the moonlight started to fade. Until a mere streak of light could be seen through the branches of the trees.