Part Twenty Five: Puzzle Pieces

When I leave Hunters room I press my back against the hallway wall. I'm not sure where to go from here. Do I go to Durst's room, and hold my secret close between us? Or do I go to my own room and let the secret surround me entirely? One thing makes me certain of my decision: I don't want to bombarded by my guardians. If Cora and Danny happen to be awake I don't want to face them. It's very likely, most likely, that they'd be asleep by now, but I don't want to risk it. I don't want any "talks"- lectures- of any sort tonight. I'm over here already, I might as well stay. They'll probably think I'm with Kaylee anyway.

I silently pray as I walk across the house that Durst will be in a good mood and not want to talk much. I just want to sleep and have him hold me. I enter the main room of the house from the hall and Owen, who's sitting on the couch with a sleeping Frea against him and the tv on catches eyes with me. He rolls his eyes as he looks away and shakes his head at my shocked expression. I begin quietly walking behind the couch, but hug closer to the wall so I'm as far away from him and his sleeping wife as possible.

"He's probably passed out already. Sure you shouldn't go home?" He asks as I reach the halfway point of the room. He doesn't look at me, so I stick my tongue out at him.

"No. Would you? Knowing Danny is probably going to chew me out?" I say. He chuckles.

"Nope. I avoid his lectures at all costs." He says with a nod. "Go on then."

I take his word as an order and scurry across the rest of the room towards Durst's room. When I enter his room he's standing on the other side of it, switching a record that's started to loop for a new one. My heart begins a quick pitter patter when I take in the sight of him completely. "Durst?"

"Shit!" He jumps and then instantly sighs. "Fuck, you scared the crap out of me!" He says as he composes himself. He puts the new record on as he chuckles and shakes his head. My cheeks grow warm as he turns around and leans on his dresser with the record player beginning to play next to him. "I wasn't sure if you were coming by..." he says. I swallow and nod, trying not to look down from his eyes, because he's not wearing anything besides his watch and a pair of briefs.

"I... well I figured... I was gonna ask- since you know it's not a secret- what I mean is...." I shake my head and take a deep breath. I need to stop this shaky nervous crap. It isn't like me. "I want to spend the night, if that's okay. I don't feel like seeing the Alpha and Luna tonight-"

"Oh- well fuck yeah, you can stay whenever you want. Here, let me get you something to change into. You can take a shower if you want, too. You can get as comfortable as you want babe." He says all of this eagerly as his smile creeps over his face. He goes into his drawer and pulls out a t-shirt and a clean pair of boxers. "You'll have to bring some of your stuff over for times like this..."

"Yeah, I mean I'm keeping my room over there-"

"Oh?.." He looks up as he closes his drawer.

"Well... yeah, that's where all of my stuff is, it's my room." I hesitate as I walk over to him, but he grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him.

"If everyone knows we're married why stay over there at all? Why not just move over here?" He asks as he grabs my other hand and kisses my knuckle where my ring is now on my finger.

"Why not move over there?" I quip. He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah- right. Move in with the Alpha and Luna... you want to stay a virgin forever?"

"Durst!" I punch his arm as he laughs and he fakes hurt as he grabs the spot I've punched.

"I'm serious Wildflower. I want you close to me. Besides, your room is a mess, and mines bigger..."