Part Twenty Three: Willpower

I'm helping Lavender calm down Kaylee when Danny bolts around from the front porch towards the back, and jumps over the porch's railing to get to us as quickly as possible. "Sir she's just scared, she's changing-"

"I can see that Durst," he says as he lifts her up from the floor. He pushes past everyone, despite Frea and Lavender's wishes, and heads towards the other house. "Hunt, get over here!" He shouts across the field. Owen and Beckett let him go and he darts across the field. We watch as Danny gives him orders and hands Kaylee over to him. Hunter holds her like cherished gold, his face resting on her head, as she grips his shirt. It gave me a memory of the night Lavender had changed, and how much more she meant to me in those moments than ever before. I was overflowing with joy for my friend, because he now had a mate of his own, but it was tinged with the fear I had for them. Kaylee was weak, and she would have a hard time joining the pack, and I'm sure that was the first thing going through Danny's mind as we heard Kaylee screaming at the edge of the forest.

The whole pack ran out from the houses, ready to run, and protect the young wolf, but Danny was quick to give orders to mellow the situation. "Let's head out- Heather and Leon, Sam and Alice, you're closest to Hunter and Kaylee in formation, keep them protected and run close, the rest of us will run ahead. Beckett, you're on house perimeters."

"Yes Sir!" Most of the pack replied- except of course my ill behaved, ill mannered, beautifully rambunctious wife.

"I'm going with them!" She says as she runs towards the forest. Danny gives me a quick look.

"Well, she's you're wife- why don't you reign her in this time," he says, before heading towards the forest with Cora on his heels.

"Alright then Wildflower, you made me do this," I say to myself as I try not to smile.

I felt the wolf in me surging, ready to come out as I ran towards the forest and my wife. He wanted to show his dominance to her, to put her in her place alongside us.

I feel for Lavender because I loved her will to fight; her determination and the strength she's always fought to have. I would always support her and her will- but she's been running free for too long. She has to see the freedom that comes with having a strong pack, and that freedom is the freedom of having safety and security. She needs to become a part of that, and to join by my side.

I may love her fire and her will, but the wolf in me is demanding her partnership, for her to listen to the Alpha, and to follow our lead. I'll need him now more than ever to do this, and as I feel my body transform in the night let him take over and guide me through the night and towards our mate.

A loud howl rips from my throat and into the night, and as the loudest wolf in the pack it tears through the forest. I'm certain every wolf in a hundred mile radius can hear me.

She's fast, that's for sure, but I can sense she's close. She's almost reached the others, so she's not going as fast as she would if she were running away from us all. When I round a bend I can see who I assume is Kaylee- because the wolf is small and light furred- with Hunter on her tail and the others Daniel sent out keeping guard.

I open my mind to Lavender and my wolf warns her.

"Lavender, follow me into formation."

She ignores us completely, and my wolf roars in my chest propels me as fast as we can go.

"What the hell!"

Lavender growls up at me as I hold her down.

"You are my partner, you are the female Delta, and you will listen to me-"