Part Twenty One: It's Seven O' Five

"It was alright..."

"Alright? What does that mean?" Danny says as he stares at me. I shrug as I grab a water bottle from the fridge. "You came home half an hour early."

"The movie sucked," I says as I look at him- and it isn't a lie- so he believes me, "We came back early, because I'm honestly so tired. I have homework, and he has work in the morning after scouting."

"So you aren't seeing him again?" He asks.

"I didn't say that," I say as I raise my eyebrow, "I told him about that art study I'm supposed to do for my drawing class- the one where I'm supposed to go to a museum and-"

"Lavender he's not taking you out of town."

"Danny, please stop making this weirder for me, I'm supposed to get to know the guy more, be his equal, all that crap- can he please also give me a free ride to the museum? I don't want to take the station wagon-"

"Who said you could-"

"Sir- you're being so- so unfair. It's bull- it's stupid-"

"Don't speak to me-"

"What with the same respect you give me?"

He doesn't say a word, just glares at me.

"You're just scared, because Coralie is pregnant and you don't want me to be a teen mom- well guess what Daniel? I'm not having sex with Durst- and I- I can't have children. So there." I say, with tears welling up in my eyes.

"What?" He says as his face changes. I swallow hard.

"I said I can't have children. The doctors told me a few months ago. So if you're worried about your buddy knocking me up you can forget it. I'm not having sex with him, I'm getting to know him, and I can't have children-"

"Does he know?" He asks, his face now expressionless and filled with sorrow, the same way the doctor looked when she told me.

"No." I say as I shake my head, and tears fall over cheeks. "I haven't told anyone." I say, and I head up to my room, before he could make it any worse. I hear him call for me, as if to ask me to stay and talk with him- but I just can't.

I've been avoiding Danny- and it seems he's been avoiding me, at least for the last few days. I've been so busy with training, that I haven't had time for anything- not sleeping, or bathing, or anything relaxing. I've hardly seen Durst outside of training, where we don't talk, but he texts me at night when I haven't passed out completely. I've been avoiding seeing him too, I think, subconsciously. I also don't want to get caught sneaking to see him, and now that Danny knows I'm willing to date him again I can assume he's on high alert. Especially with Durst's building still continuing when he's not at work to scouting. How he finds the hours in the day is past me- because I hardly have time to shower and eat.

Today I asked Cora if Kaylee could come over, and I guess my general grounding for life has been lifted, cause she said it was okay.

"I feel like we haven't seen each other in ages." Kaylee says. We're laying next to each other on my bed with our heads together, as we look up at the lights strung across my ceiling.

"Yeah, I know you're busy... I do miss being around you, though. Even Becks misses you..."

"I talked to him the other day-"

"I know."

"So there really isn't anything going on with you guys? I mean I told you about Durst- you kind of have to tell me if you and Beckett are a thing..." I tease. She laughs.