The Road to enlightenment

The action-4/5

(Dawn. Yearly-orange sun. Misty. Mountain slopes. Beautiful as always. Jack and Arjun trecking uphill. Jack stops and turns to the scenary behind.)

(Just heaps of milk and diamonds as far as the eyes can see. Swirling dust of glitter lit by the golden rays. Green pine trees groomed along the slopes like the feathers of a royal parrot. Flowing across them are currents of snow filled clouds making the view all the more enticing. Fresh white streams can be seen cracking the mountains, if looked for hard enough. The tribe of birds appear like swarm of bees flying through the bushes. The toy earth below with its miniature civilization looks full of life from the sky. The air is light, sweet and chilling. They are in the heaven's garden feasting on the visual drugs.)

Arjun- marvellous. Isn't she?

Jack-(smiles. Continue to walk)
Well, it sure makes you wonder.

(Arjun looks at jack, smiling.
curious about what he is trying to say)

Jack- you already know that all of this is just one big make-believe. yet you can't deny how you feel towards it.

Arjun- how exactly do you feel?

Jack- I don't know. actually. I mean I have spent time in this World. And....it has been a real ride on a rollercoaster. I know my life here is almost like a long windedly play, the parts of which I remember are my memories...but...then I wonder......are the emotions I felt with it.....also just a bunch lies?

Arjun-(surprised smiling while laying out a humorous remark to ease the weight of the conversation they were getting into)
are we having second thoughts here?

Jack- (smiles in order to mask his nervousness)

Arjun- (still playing) are you sure, cuz if-

Jack- no. It...it is just one of the questions that Im looking forward to be answered.

Arjun- I get it
(after a pause. Smiling)
And Maybe I do know the answer to that.

(Jack looks at him curiosly)

Arjun-that is you.

(Jack is confused)

Arjun-the emotions that you feel. That is what you are. They are not lies. They are part of the truth that separates you from the others.

(Jack nods in agreement. He seems impressed by the answer)

Arjun-(smiling)
Sam might have taught me a thing or two before he left.

Jack-(smiles. Pauses to think)
did....did he used to talk about me?

Arjun-(pauses. Slightly serious)
Yeah....

Jack-(slight smile)
then he stopped. isn't it?

(Arjun nods with very little energy)

Jack-(nodding in agreement)
yeah
(after a pause)
it's funny how-.....you get the power to fulfill your desires only when you are able to sacrifice all of them.

Arjun-(smiling)
then maybe when you have it all,
all You want is to have this back.

Jack-( pauses. Serious. Looks back at the view. Then continues)
what is 'the place' anyway?

Arjun- it is one of the harbours for those who seek the...

Jack-enlightenment?

Arjun- we don't really call it that but yeah.
(He smiles)
the Enlightenment.
You will find other people who are trying or already have done it. We call them sadus or rishis.