Plan B

The action-2/5

(The sky is unreally colourful with the shades of purple and blue. it is beautiful. A forest. With Strange trees. And bushes. Glowing mist swirled through the scape. The land is irregular and unpredictable. floating islands. Everything is too magical and unreal. Magnificent and stunning to the eye. But also overwhelming and intimidating. Scary and huge. The place seems to be breathing. Have a life of its own. Panting. Past the rocks. Through the woods; Jack is running. Tired. Sweating. Traumatized. Wounded in several places. He is wearing the fancy blue suit. It is also torn and damaged in places. He frequently looks back, As if chased. Panting. Gasping for breath. More footsteps heard.he is Falling due to his Clumsy running. Jack slides to stop. White flashlight on his face. He is terrified and . Covering himself with his hand.the light gets brighter. White out.)

(Jack is in a plane. He opens his eyes. He is suddenly but slightly startled. He looks around. Everything is calm. The air hostess asks if he needs anything. He just thanks her and tells her that he is fine. He settles down. He is no longer sleepy. He seems nervous. Sad. Maybe. His face has a mixture of all those things. he takes the book out of his bag and starts writing.)

(The apartment)

(Jack takes a picture frame from the wall and puts it in a box. Most of the stuff is already packed in boxes. Jeff is behind him. He looks at jack, addled. He runs behind him.)

Jeff-what....what are you doing?

Jack-(serious but calm.)
the only thing that is left to be done.(continueing to pack)

Jeff- (he tries to guess. But he doesn't have the slightest clue)
I don't get it.
(he follows jack around)

Jack- (solid)I'm moving to plan B

Jeff- (now he is really confused. He feels like he has missed out on some serious information)
what was plan A?

Jack- plan A was trying to connect to sam through my dreams.
(let's out a dissapointing breathe as he says softly-)
We all no how that turned out.

Jeff- (jack is clearly on a different page)
no...no we don't.

Jack- (stops. Turn to face jeff)
I couldn't do it. okay? I can't reach him. No matter how hard I try. It just seems like there is something blocking me out or it is simply not possible.

(There is significant amount of pain in his voice. It cracks. Though as for now Joe is quite used to the mortified side of jack. But somehow this one is very different. The matter seems more complicated. It is a thought that is bearing down on Jack's mind. Jeff can only imagine how much dread it is causing him. He can ice the fact that Jack trying to seem more calm than he actually is. Because jack shaking at the very idea of what he is intending. Whatever that is. He is at a constant effort of pushing the clog deeper where it can't afflict him. A winding battle between his entangled emotions. Jeff is automatically sunken into deep sympathy for this knotted State)

(Jack sighs and continues to pack)

Jack-what was I even thinking?

Jeff-( he is disappointed. But he isn't caught up yet. pauses to think)
what is plan B?

Jack- ( he pauses as he resumes packing. You can't see the look on his face but you can notice the loaded tone)
go meet him myself.

Jeff-what?why-w...Why are you packing?

(Jack can't gate the flood anymore. He stops. His mind drops with a pause to secure the chaotic town of voices. He tries to numb them down just enough to spew a set of frozen words.)