Chapter Thirty

Hey, my amazing readers!

This is the last chapter of The Betrayal. Thank you so much for reading to the end. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Lots of love❤

 Lots of love❤

“Go. Go. Take the corner coming up, there’s a door on your right,” Julian shouted.

Andy gripped Annie’s wrist tighter, and they sprinted down the hallway, ignoring the fact that their legs pounded loudly on the floor. His long strides eating up the short distance. It had been a miracle getting out of that room unharmed. He owed Julian his heartfelt thanks. 

After Julian had shot Kyle, he’d also shot the other two men without hesitation. When their bodies had landed in messy heaps on the floor Andy knew it was time to get out of the room. Raising to his feet, he’d grabbed Annie by the hand and hauled her upright. He remembered how her hands had trembled. How her body had shaken as he pressed her to his side. From the brief glance of her eyes just as he was hurrying through the door was enough to send an electric bolt through his heart.

Andy wanted to close his eyes. But he’d couldn’t. It didn’t matter. He could still see her swollen face, pale with fear and weariness. His hand tightened around hers automatically. He heard every harsh breath whooshing from her lungs as they moved quickly down the hallway to safety.

The horrid screams that had erupted from Kyle’s mouth still rang in his ears. Kyle was like a mad man after the bullet had knocked him back into the wall. He was snarling while pulling at his hair; ripping clumps of strands from the roots. A sickening feeling had settled deep in his chest to see his once best friend acting like that.

As Kyle ranted and raved at himself, Julian had dashed across the room to get to Louie. Now they were all racing to safety. He with his hands clasped with Annie’s and Julian with Louie draped over his shoulders like a sack of onions.

The piercing sound of Annie’s cry drilled into his skull, igniting dread in his heart. 

“Andy, I can’t...my feet.”

“Shit!” he cursed. Andy didn’t think, he slowed down and Annie crashed into his back with a choked squeak. Her slim arms grabbed at his back to hold her balance.

“I’m sorry, Andy. I’m so tired. Please, I can’t...” 

“Stop apologizing, It’s not your fault, baby. Hold on.” He spun on his heels, locked his arms around Annie’s back and legs and swung her into his arms in a fluid motion.

Annie stiffened. “You can’t run with me in your arms Andy. Put me down, I’ll try—"

Andy’s hands tightened around her, squeezing her body to his. “Don’t worry about that, baby. Tuck your head under my chin and place your arms around my neck. Close your eyes and hold on. I got you.”