Chapter Twenty Three

Hey, my awesome READERS!

The Betrayal only have a few chapters remaining! Yayy! I can't wait to finish this book. I'll try to update as fast as possible. So don't worry. I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

WARNING: Swearing ahead. Read at your own risk.

Love you guys❤ Enjoy!

“Did you find anything?”

Julian looked up from where he sat. His legs propped on the arm of the chair, laptop in hands as his fingers worked the touchpad.

“No. Still looking.”

Andy paced the floor. His fist clenching and unclenching with every heavy step. It was almost six hours since they kidnapped Annie and Reon. Gregg’s betrayal bugged him to the core.

“Explain this from the beginning. You knew Gregg a long time, right?”

“Yes, he’s one of my best friends.”

“And you never suspected him?”

“No, he did nothing to raise my suspicions. I reached out to him when I received the second note. Hell, Gregg found Annie. I had no clue where she’d been living. I didn’t even know I had a son.”

“Seems to me he was trying to help you.”

“That’s what I’ve been saying since we met. Gregg wouldn’t betray me like that.”

“How would you explain what happened with the bomb and him fleeing the scene with the money?”

“I don’t know.” Andy gritted his teeth. “I honestly don’t know.”

“Something doesn’t add up,” Julian said. “Why would Gregg go through so much to get money from you? And a hundred million at that. Phew! That’s a lot of cash.”

“Forget the amount,” Andy spat. “Why would he help me? Why did he encourage me to lie low? Why not tell me to hand over the money to him?”

“That would have been a stupid move.” Julian shrugged.

“Then why kidnapped my family? He got what he wanted. Kidnapping Annie and Reon make little sense. He could be halfway to South America for all we know.”

“Let’s hope that’s not his plan. We need to find him to find your family.”

“What about his wife?” Andy asked.

“I sent Louie to her place. Maybe she could tell us something we don’t know.”

“Louie?”

“One man that survived.”

“Where is Vane?”

“Out, trying to track Gregg,” Julian sighed, “he’s long gone.”

Andy didn’t reply. Maybe Gregg would walk through the door any moment from now claiming he went after bastards, but Andy knew that was only wishful thoughts.