Chapter Twenty Nine

Hey, my amazing readers!

*squeals* Guess what!

The betrayal has been Featured on Mystery and Thriller profile! Yayyy!

Thank you so much for motivating me to finish this book.

Love you guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"Let her go, Kyle. She's innocent. It's me you want to hurt."

"You're so stupid, Andy; always will be. This bitch didn't care about you when she left without a backward glance. She kept your child from you, how can you just forgive her?"

Annie saw Andy's eyes widened when Kyle's arm clamped down tighter around her throat. The pain didn't come right away, or she just didn't feel it. For the past couple of hours, her body had numbed to a concerning degree.

"Kyle, let her go, please. You have the money. You don't have to hurt her."

Kyle laughed. "Begging for her life when you left me in that place to suffer."

"How was I supposed to know! I thought you were getting the best treatment. And you deserved it. How could you, Kyle-you raped an innocent woman?"

"You better be very careful of your words when you speak to me, Andy. I could easily kill your precious Rayanna. And with that gun pointed at the back of your head, I would say you're playing with fire."

"What else do you want from me, Kyle? You kidnapped Gregg's wife and pressured him into betraying us. What else could you possibly want from me?"

"I want you dead!"

"Well, take me and let Annie and my son go."

"I'll do what the hell I want. I'm done listening to you," Kyle spat.

"Kyle, Is it more money you want? I-"

"You know all I wanted was the money. I sent you those notes so it would look like it was someone random. That it would never trace back to me. When I threatened to kill someone close to you, I was thinking of your mother-never your perfect Rayanna."

Every time he sneered her name Annie flinched. Her eyes scanned the room. Expect for the man holding the gun to Andy's head, there were only two other men in the room. Kyle had his two main bodyguards close; her kidnappers. They stood straight as arrows as Kyle talked. Guns pressed to their chests. Permanent scowls etched on their faces.

"My mother was the closest thing you had as a mom," Andy shouted.

"Everyone knows she was a spiteful bitch. I hardly tolerated her."

An outrageous look flashed across Andy's face and he clenched his jaw. "You were never my friend, Kyle."

"And you were weak. You weren't fit to be my friend, Andy. Now, as I was saying-my men said you needed a little more motivation when you ignored the first set of notes. That's when I knew I had to find Rayanna." Kyle smoothed her hair back. "And guess what I found, Andy?"