Chapter 19

1682

     The house hold of the Night was divided since the birth of the youngest girl; Katarina Night.

   Everyone knows of what her future will told. The past four years have gone by in a blur; just to think that in eleven years time, she'll be gone.

    The father of the young child would stand by and watch the little girl. As instructed by the Devil. He would watch her grow seeds into flowers; turning caterpillars into beautiful butterflies.

   She was an angel in the darkness. At least, that's what the devil thought about her.

"It's been four years of paranoia, Ruby!" Rosemary yells at her sister as her daughter sits near by. To busy playing with her dolls to pay attention.

"What do you want me to do? Kill the devil? He can't be killed!"

"No...not him..."

"You are not thinking about...killing your husband..." Ruby says the second bit at a hush tone. Knowing that Victor was only in the room over.

"If it means that I can keep my baby safe. Then yes. I would go to the ends of the world for her."

"Mommy! Mommy! Look!" The two sisters look down at the little child. Her dolls were floating in the air, pretending to be dancing.

"Only four and already has powers."

"I have to kill him...to protect her."

      Ruby goes to the coven to tell them about the plans. While Rosemary and Katarina have a family dinner. Rosemary tapping her fingers, watching her husband eat up his food.

"Can you stop that? It's quite annoying."

"I'm sorry Victor."

"What's making you unsettled?"

"Don't you know?"

"Don't start with me."

"You sold our daughter to a monster!"

"I'm protecting her."

"You didn't even let me name her. I wasn't even the one to hold her first."

"He was generous enough to let her stay with you until..."

"Until what?"

"Until he comes for her."

"He will never find her! And neither will you." Victor then starts to cough.

"What did you do?"

"I'm making sure my daughter is safe from demons like you." Victor grips his throat while he continues to cough. His face turning red as well as his eyes. Katarina was now watching as her father struggles to breath. Her mother holding her close. He tries to crawl his way towards the little girl, but Rosemary takes a step back along with Katarina.

"Kat-Katarina...you will be...glorious."

     Then, he dies. He dies painfully. Sending him straight back to hell. Sending him to tell his master that he failed.

*  *  *

    My body shoots up and I begin to cough. All the while, my eyes room around. I wasn't in my room; I don't recognize the place I am.

    The room was red and black. Silk sheets wrap around my bare legs. Elegance and class was the example of the room. A very Victorian feeling.

    The last thing I remember is running. Running from my father and my demon friends. Running into Damien, then passing out. Next thing I know, I'm here.