Chapter 8

"There's something you don't know Kat. You are sin."

     The words struck my heart. Witches are slaves to the underworld; we embody sin and chaos. Damien Blackwood is a dark man with tricks up his sleeves. I had no way out now, I was in his little game. And I was loosing.

"I'll text you an address. That's where you will pay up." Without saying or doing anything reckless, he releases me from his hold. Walking off like nothing happened.

"What the fuck was that Kat! I say everything!" Zara comes running from the bar to where I stand. I guess I was in a daze; Damien kissed me. And, it was magic; it was beyond me and my power. A greater force then something on this earth.

"I...don't know...can I go home?"

"Of course. I'll cover for you."

I run out of the building; not taking another look back. Everything screams danger for me. Just one fucking kiss and I'm done for. Turned on beyond compare and totally under Damien's control. After hundreds of years, everything I know is stripped from me.

* * *

      I sleep way past my alarm. Salem was petting my nose, in attempt to wake me up. My eyes cross as I watch Salem. My sassy cat decides to release her claws right on my nose.

"Shit Salem!" I jump up out of bed; Salem making her way up to my legs.

"Don't even try to be nice to me right now." The first thing I do is check my phone. One message from an unknown number was at the top of the notifications.

Meet me at Central Park at 12. See you then, love.

       No doubt from Mister Blackwood, himself. I had no choice; I lost the bet fair and square. I ain't no chicken. I'll show him no fear.

       I throw my wavy ass hair into a pony before pulling out articles of clothing. Black jeans with a black crop top and a grey cardigan. All things I'm flexible in if I have to murder someone. For who knows what is going to happen today.

      After a little walk to the park, I spot Damien. He was wearing a leather jacket instead of his normal suit. Being honest, it was fucking hot. I could still see his muscles through the jacket along with his tattoos on his neck.

"Katarina, you look beautiful."

"Trying to butter me up? It's not going to work."

"Still denying feelings for me?"

"Feelings? What feelings? I've only known you for a few days. Then that kiss..."

"The kiss that rocked your world." He walks closer to me and wraps his arm around my waist. Turning me around and beginning to walk.

"Ready to start our date?"

"A date? I thought..."

"You thought I was going to make you do something bad? Make you have sex with me? I'm hurt."

"I didn't know. You are mysterious."

"I'll take that as a compliment. Let's go."

        For half the day, we walked around the city. Entering stores and checking out famous sites. Damien wasn't a bad guy; wrong in my part to judge him. But, you have to admit, our first meeting wasn't the best.