Chapter 11

1 week later

When you're with someone, time seems to fly. Damien and I made it official between us; and we have only been together for a week. But it feels like I've known him all my life.

There's an instant connection. He drives me wild to say the least. Not only my feelings, but the darkness within me.

If I'm not around him, my powers start to act up. A little wind storm, fire, and demons pop out of the ground like daisies. I can't seem to control it when I'm not around Damien; Which is strange.

Then there's the mark on my hand; the pentagram. As much as I need and want to be around Damien at every second of the day, the mark burns to a point that I shed a few tears. Calling out to me for...something or someone.

It's never easy. Life as a witch; life gets odd.

I see things. Strange and dangerous things. First it was when I had sex with Damien for the first time. I saw flashes of red. He had horns and wings. The horns were black and tall; curved at the top. The wings were big in size; and you would think they looked like bat wings. But they had feathers; black feathers.

Those eyes. Those deep dark red eyes. He could look right into my eyes and see into my soul. Looking for sin.

That was the first incident. The next few times was out of the corner of my eye. Glimpses of red eyes from everyone; Damien, Sebastian, Zachary, Xander and Nick. I swear I even saw red eyes on Zara.

      It's playing with my mind now. Unstable powers with a burning mark. Seeing things that can't be explained.

Speak for yourself Katarina. You aren't from this ordinary world.

      Just the other day, I was walking around the club with dishes. That's when I heard the voices. I almost turn the corner, but stop myself once I see who was speaking. Sebastian, Zachary, Xander, Nick, Zara and Damien all speaking together, with hush voices.

      I hide behind a wall; within distance of hearing their conversation. Curiosity got the best of me.

Curiosity killed the cat...and burnt the witch to a crisp.

"It's getting stronger?"

"Yes. I can feel it."

"Isn't that good?"

"Yes, but if not controlled and contained, she could hurt herself."

"You're one step closer, now that you are together."

"I've waited centuries for her. I will not let her self destruct."

       Questions, questions and more questions. I could be going insane? Witches go insane all the time. From the voices to the paranoia of getting discovered.

       The next and last incident was the dreams. Every single night since Damien and I began our relationship, dreams would repeat over and over again in my head. At least I thought they were dreams; they could be memories.

      Time does to something to the mind. After years and years of living, I can't seem to remember every day. I would sleep and dream of my life in the past, except Damien would be there. Was I that crazy for him? That I could actually be dreaming of him?

Only time would tell.

*  *  *

1926

      Throughout all my years of living, the Roaring Twenties was by far the most lively. The champagne flowing, parties till dusk, and dancing till you drop.