Chapter 15

I want to disappear.

A cruel world this is.

The feeling to leave no foot print.

It's a tragic thing...

To live with this sensation.

        I don't give my 'friends' another second of my life. A snap of my fingers and I disappear into a cloud of smoke. Arriving in the middle of my living room. Salem jumping up from the couch.

"Don't tell me you're a demon too Salem?" Salem meows at me and cocks her head to the side. Nope; not a demon, just a regular crazed cat.

      So many things to do. So many things to be thought over again.

      The mere thought of having no one in this world with me was eating me alive. Everyone I loved and trusted with my life was dead. And the people who I thought I could trust, back stabbed me with a knife webbed in lies.

     Without a second to spare, I snap my fingers and my spell book appears in my hands. I flip through the pages until I come upon a protection spell. A spell that protects against evil spirits and demons.

Fucking perfect.

"Salva me ex demones inferni. Nullum malum transiens."

     A shiny cover of gold moves up from the floor and to the ceiling. Covering every window and the door with the magic. I do the spell twice for a little extra kick and for more protection; hopefully that can keep the devil out.

"Now, to get this stupid mark off." It didn't take a genius to figure out that this mark on my skin was there because of Damien. A way for him to track me and keep me under his shoe.

      I had read about the risks about taking this mark off. But at this point, I said fuck it. I don't care if it alarms Damien; he can know for all I care. I don't even care if I choke on my own blood. Just as long as Damien doesn't get what he wants.

Me.

    With my spell book still in my hands, I search for a way to take off the magical marking. Just a few simple words and then puff.

"Diabolus hoc signum off! Remove cute mea! Non plus!"

    Insane and intense burning immediately starts. My skin turning a color of red. I couldn't help but let out my tears and screams. My skin was set ablaze.

     The blood pouring out of my nose. My knees weakening. And my mind in a daze. Fainting is becoming a daily thing.

*  *  *

Damien's POV (surprise, surprise)

      I did not want her to find out like this. I don't even know if I wanted her to know. I was just so happy to finally be with her. I can't express nor explain how much I am in love with this woman.

Katarina Night is a magnificent and unique minx.

      She has my heart and soul; she doesn't even know it. I would raise hell for her. I would bend heaven for her. There's nothing on this world that will stop me from being with her.

      Yet here comes her bitch of a mother. She just had to confess her sins before she past on. And her aunt; all this years with that one. Every time I was close to being with my love, there she was to pull us apart. I was truly happy to be rid of her.