Chapter 2

The heat in the room was making me crazy. It wasn't just because I was running back and forth serving drinks; this full moon shit was getting to my head.

          I could feel the electricity coming off of my finger tips. I need to calm the fuck down. I need to calm down before someone dies.

"Kat! A sex on the beach!" A waiter yells at me. I jump a little, but get back to mixing liquors.

"Zara, I could really use some help here."

"It's my break."

"It doesn't look like a break. More like smoking under the bar." She sat next to my legs with a cigarette between her fingers.

"Thanks Captain Obvious."

"I'm serious Zara!" I fucking snap; a glass next to be shatters with a bang.

"I-I need to b-break." I drop the rag in my hand and grab a bottle of bourbon.

         I walk to the back and swing the door open. The cold arm feels good against my bare arms. Much better then the multiple sweaty bodies dancing all over.

         I walk down the ally to the front of the club. Next to the door was the bouncer with a long line of people to his right. I lean against the wall, facing the busy street.

         I take big sips of the bourbon to settle the nerves. Sweat still dripping down my body from the work. The moon lays against the sky, while the stars swim in the dark fabric. The bright circle in the sky was looming down; restoring my power once again.

"Oh my god!"

"It's him!"

"Smoking." A long and dark limo pulls up to the side of the street. It parks on the side, the door opens and men step out of the vehicle.

           Five men; all dressed in fancy suits. The first was your typical huge man with big ass muscles. He made my body tense and really on edge. The next two looked like criminals. It was a certain vibe that really put me off. The next man looked the nicest. He had golden hair, bringing a certain innocence.

          And the last one; a devilishly handsome man. His aura was radiating power and his physique was very dominant. He sure was hot as fuck. Hot as fucking fire. Dark hair that could match the night sky. I couldn't see his eyes from here; but I bet they were gorgeous. A jawline that could kill and hundred percent, a body that was craved by the gods.

It was the boss of Saints and Sinners.

         The man whispers something to the others before walking towards the club. The golden boy says something to the bouncer; the bouncer then opens the doors. I was still leaning against the wall, still drinking down the bourbon. The man's head turns towards me; I could swear his eyes flashed a red color before returning to a dark green. It's probably my powers getting the best of me.

          It was like it was in slow motion. He turned his head, then smirked. He continues to walk into the club, followed by his 'friends'.

         That was fucking weird. I don't even know if it was me. There was something strange about that man.

"Kat, we have costumers!" I could hear Zara yell from the back of the ally. I guess my alone time was over.

        I get back inside; nothing changed. The crowd was dancing to the beat of the music. Lights flashing everywhere while the loud and kind of annoying music blasts.

"Where are the costumers?" I ask

"I just said that to get you to come inside. I want to dance."

"Then dance. I need money."

"Come on. It's your birthday and it shouldn't be spent by working all night long." She extends her hand towards me; with a sigh I place mine in hers. She pulls me through the crowd until we were in the center of the dance floor.

          She begins to dance while I try to ignore the people bumping into me. How do people call this fun?

"Just let go."

         With her words, I lift my arms into the air. My hips shake back and forth. I close my eyes and let myself fall into the abyss. I was at peaceful; odd because I was standing in the middle of a crazy crowd of honey people. But odd doesn't even begin to describe me.

       The music turns numb in my ears. Soon I felt like I was on cloud nine. A mystery drug in my system as I let myself go. All my self control wasted in only a few minutes time.

        But you know that feeling, when you are being followed? Or being watched in the dead of night? Eyes burning into the back of my skull. The feeling in the room going to dark. Energy spiking through the roof.

          My eyes snap open. Zara was now grinding against a girl in front of me. The people unfazed by this new sense of darkness. I look down to my hands to see little bolts of lightening sparking out.

Just fucking breathe Kat. It's just the flipping full moon. You're all out of whack.

          I couldn't shake this feeling of being watched. Standing in my spot, I scan the room. Looking to the far end of the building; my gaze going from the first level to the second.

        Nothing but a couple of horn dogs and drunks.

        Then my eyes set above the VIP booth. The five men from the limo were siting down, watching the crowd below. No surprise to find their gaze set upon me. Four of which had emotionless faces, but the devilishly handsome man had a smirk plastered across his face. A cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Occasionally, he would grab the cigarette with his fingers and blow out a puff of smoke.

Fuck me if that didn't turn me on.

         I felt very uneasy. I wasn't used to having people watch me; I still didn't like it.

          Their eyes bore into mine. My eyes bore into theirs. Switching from one man to the next. I wanted to move; I just couldn't. Something compelled me to stay where I was. I wanted to shout, but my mouth wouldn't open. With no words coming out, the demons begun to speak.

Destruction.

Chaos.

Darkness.

They must burn.

         I had no control. No control of my body, my mind or my magic.

         It starts as a twitch. Then moves to an overall feeling. Then it takes you over. The same undying power was eating me from the inside out. It wanted out; and it was going to get out.

        In a flash, the lights shatter. Glass flies everywhere, for every single thing explodes. A fire, out of no where, shoots up the walls. Crawling up the sides of the building.

What have I done?

Who is that mystery guy?

Kat's magic is crazy. She literally has no control over it.

Enjoy🖤🔥