Chapter 14

What am I to do with myself? A witch with demon blood running through my veins. I'm not even a bit of a human. Is this why I'm so attracted to the darkness? Why I am going dark?

No! I'm good. I know I'm good...

Damien is the Devil. He's known me ever since I was a baby. He was the one to name me; not even my own mother. He's watched me for hundreds of years. Sending in Sebastian and the Cane brothers to assist him.

I don't even know who is to blame. My father sold me like I was an object. My mother and aunt knew of his plan and didn't do a thing to stop him or Damien. They didn't make an effort to run or to fight; they accepted my fate. Like hell if I do.

With silent tears falling from my eyes, I quietly remove Damien's arm from around my waist. I stand up and look at his sleeping form. I could feel this pull towards him; it felt like it was begging me to hold on to him forever.

My eyes grow in hate. He did this to me. He was the soul purpose to my misery and despair. My fingers bend until my middle finger was standing out proud. I flip him off before walking out of the room. I don't care at this point; I need to leave this place. I sprit out the door and down the hall. I don't remember how I get downstairs, but next thing I know, I'm walking down the street.

My emotions were way out of focus. Way out of control. I can feel the sparks flying off my hands. Little flames flying off and into the sky.

I can maybe pass a little white lie. But this has been centuries in the making. Damien thinks we're meant to be. That I'm suppose to be his queen of hell. He manipulated me into falling in love with him. Those feelings have turned only to anger.

I can't help but be angry with my family as well. My father fucking sold me like I was nothing. My mother and aunt stood by and watched. My friends looked the other way.

My life was never my own.

I'm a slave to others and their plans. I'm nothing but a pond to be used in others games. I can't trust anyone; only myself.

I don't know how, but somehow I end up at the club. I guess it's the best place for me right now; if they wake up, they might check my house.

Oh my gosh. What are they? Sebastian, Nick, Zach and Xander all arrived with Damien. What are they? His henchmen? His servants?

"Katarina."

"Leave me alone mother!" I stand in the middle of the club with tears streaming down. My hands protecting me from this cruel world. My ghostly mother showing up then vanishing.

"I had to show you the truth. To protect you..."

"You didn't protect me mother! You died! You kept secrets from me, then you got burned alive."

"I'm sorry my daughter. I never wanted you to know."

"Well look where I am now mother. I don't even know who I am! Am I evil? Everyone in my life told me that I am a monster. Everyone, but you. And you knew who I truly was and still you believe that I am good. Now, you're dead. Ruby is dead. I believe I'm not far behind."

"Don't say those things Katarina! You will live."

"How! I was sold off like property. Lied to since the day of my birth. Who am I?"

"You're my daughter. My good child that gave me nothing but joy until my end. And you will continue to give joy."

"I don't believe that mother. I'm destined to be darkness."