Chapter 32 - Astrid

Mulai dari awal

"But we need their help!"

"It's okay. I can make it. Keep going", he says and he nods reassuringly.

For what can assume was many miles, he and I hobbled over thickets and logs.

We reach the sand, "GUYS HELP!"

I shout over and over completely exhausted.

Fishlegs sees us from the ship and he pulls it closer to shore.

Snotlout jumps into the row-boat and comes to meet us at the edge of the water.

"What happened?!", he asks taking Hiccup's weight and helps him into the boat.

"Ambush... shot... Throk...", I say fully out of breath, almost collapsing into the boat.

_____________

We arrived back to New Berk early this morning.

My pitiful Hiccup is being mended by Gothi and Gobber as we speak. He is stable and the wound wasn't deep beyond repair, but the blood loss and healing process will be longer than anticipated.

"Chieftess. Where should we place these new ballistas?", a villager asks me.

"Oh. Um, place them north of the houses up on the cliffs. That gives us a more clear, advantage shot", I reply and he nods and proceeds.

This is strange being in charge of the tribe again. The last time was when... Hiccup was captured.

Poor Hiccup... he always gets the worst hits from these guys.

"Astrid! Is he alright?", Valka comes running over with Zephyr. My mom follows close behind with a chunky Nuffink in her arms.

"Is daddy okay?", Zephyr asks with tears in her eyes.

"Mama", Nuff mumbles and I well up with emotion as I take my son into my arms. I bend down to hug Zeph and I hold on to them tightly.

Oh my Thor I'm just glad I was able to come home to them.

Glad that both of us did.

"Yes. He's stable. They're working on his wound", I reply still fearful.

"Are you okay dear?", my mother and Valka ask at the same time.

"Yeah... I just need to be there for the village and the kids now. Hiccup needs a break and rest", I proudly give them a nod of certainty.

"HALT STOP RIGHT THERE!", Spitelout shouts from down where the docks are.

"What's going on?!", I ask and Eret shrugs, then runs down to where the commotion is gathering.

I put Nuffink down and his good big sister grabs his hand to help him stand. He's close to standing on his own but still wobbly.

I am handed my axe by Fishlegs as I stride towards where the crowd was getting denser. My feet moving faster and faster as the village parts down the middle so I can walk through.

There I see him.

My nose crinkles with disgust and my eyes dart at his face with rage.

Spitelout and his son Snotlout have each of his arms in a hold so he can't move.

"Chieftess Astrid...", he looks up with somewhat of a reverence that makes me sick.

"You have a lot of Nerve coming here, Throk", I say crossing my arms.

"How is the Chief?", he asks.

"Not well, thanks to you", I spit.

The crowd gasps at the news that Throk was the one that shot their chieftain.

"What are you doing here?", I ask nearing him. My grip on my axe tightens after I lift it from the ground.

"Well my presence here isn't in favor of the Rebellion... it's in your honor", he says and all I want to do is throw my axe in his face.

"How could it possibly be?"

"I have information on Heather's motives", he says and I am slightly stunned.

But my guard isn't let down one bit, "how do I know you're not just spying for that disgusting rogue?"

"Because I wouldn't have shot the Chief if I didn't think it would get you off her Island", he says and now I'm confused. But angered all the same at nearly losing my husband due to this crook.

I look closer and there's wounds, bruises and burns all over his body.

"You mean... you're not...?", I ask not able to form a clear sentence from my clouded mind.

"My allegiance to queen Mala was made through a vow many, many moons ago. Never to be broken by any other oath or word made to another leader or tribe. I may have made some tough choices that I regret. But not one soul that I have attacked, personally, has gone to Valhalla. I merely wanted to get on the inside to understand why one could possibly want to harm my Queen or her husband", he states as the world around us is silent.

I continue to keep the stoic and fierce look on my face, but I am listening to what he's saying.

"Take him to the holding cells. I will question this suspect once I consult with the Chief after he awakens", I say and the Jorgensons do as told.