Chapter 32 - Astrid

Start from the beginning

A map of the Archipelago and arrows pointing towards where the Hidden World is supposed to be.

Hiccup and I are the only ones who have been to it but from where she assumes its position, it's very obvious she's stolen Hiccup's notes.

"I can't believe this... she even went through our secret information 4 years ago when she was on New Berk...", Hiccup says pulling the map off the wall.

I look at him with assertive eyes, "Well I guess we can return the favor"

He smirks at me with those green eyes I get lost in everyday of my life. My adventurer and leader of my family and tribe.

Just then an arrow flies right past past our faces and lands on the wall where the map was before.

We snap our heads to the window and we see various Rebellion and Fractious men running through the field.

"ASTRID LOOK OUT!", Hiccup screams and jumps to push me out of the way.

An arrow lodges itself into my husband's side.

"Ahhhh!", he winces in pain.

"Hiccup!!!", I cry as I sit up with him in my arms. He looks up at me with fearful eyes.

I take the map and fold it into my waistband pocket.

"I... I'm okay... agghhh", he struggles to stand. Shouts are heard all around.

"Babe... I've got to get the arrow out and get you into the forrest...", I say trying not to panic.

I lift him to his feet and all his weight is on my shoulders.

I take a quick glance out the window before I focus on Hiccup.

There stood the man himself, the traitor to our allies and friends.

Throk held his bow, with an evil smile on his face.

"That son of a half troll, rat eating munch... UGH NEVERMIND!", I say out loud in my mind.

I go to look at the wound. Thank the gods it isn't deep but the blood isn't going to quit.

I hesitate.

"Astrid just pull it out. I'm okay...", he hisses but kisses my cheek.

I take the wooden weapon into my grip and remove it carefully but quickly.

"Owwww"

"I'm sorry...!"

"No love, it's not your fault"

"Come on Hiccup", I say as I kick down the back wall with my leg.

Some raw motherly/wifely strength must have come over me because I am now dragging a limp Hiccup, who has his arm around my neck, across the field and into the trees. He moved his feet somewhat with me to counteract the weight.

I pause for a moment and stop to look at the flares attached to his boot.

"Astrid don't shoot it off... it... it will show them where we are... agh..."