53

"I flew," his raspy voice hit my neck, the vibration tickling my skin.

"I figured that, but how did you get from New York to here by the time I was released from the hospital?"

"I arranged for a jet when I couldn't get a hold of you, and I barely made it. That was sheer fucking luck."

He... he what... I sat up, twisting my head back. "You arranged for a jet?"

"A friend's jet," he shrugged, causing the water to wave around him. "He owed me a favor."

He was so casual, as if arranging a jet was perfectly normal. "Who do you know that owns a jet?"

"A buddy, kinda like a brother."

"Okay." I lowered back down onto his chest. "I'm sorry that you cut your trip short. You know you could have just flown home tomorrow. Debbie shouldn't have made it sound so bad."

"A machine pinned you to the ground!" His chest puffed, pushing me up with it. "You don't think that's bad? It wouldn't have fucking mattered if you were hurt or not. I wasn't about to leave my girl alone after an earthquake." His fingers were running circles over my stomach, and I watched them, waiting with anticipation for them to travel up or down. "It's been too long since I've touched you baby."

"I was just thinking that same thing."

"Really?" He sunk his face into the crook of my neck, nibbling away.

"Uh huh..." I swallowed, still watching those fingers, that were now trailing down to my thighs.

"What do you want me to do baby? I hate that you're in pain, how can I make you better?"

I sat up, scooting to the other end of the tub, turning around to face him. "I want you to touch me, I mean, I want you inside me."

"I can't fuck you in here, not like this."

"Your fingers can."

He sat up, his half hard dick swaying as he lunged forward, his hand pushing between my thighs, fingers scissoring at my entrance. "Are you sure?"

"Uh huh..." I nodded, feeling the first push inside me- fireworks already exploding, leaving me gasping. Then a second, the two of them plunging deep. His arm making waves around us, while his fingers made waves inside me.

A few days of not having him felt like weeks, each curl, each plunge, each twist feeling that much stronger. "Gavin..." I gasped, again and again, watching the water splash around us, his arm flexing before my eyes, and those fingers disappearing inside me. "Okay... okay... oh.." I dropped my head back, biting my tongue, coming.

And then I lost it.

Tears exploding from my eyes, sobbing, hysterical. The culmination of this crazy day and the control I just lost. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Fuck!" He jumped back, sending water splashing everywhere. "What? Your arm?"

"No, no." I swiped at the tears. "I've just... I've been holding a lot in the last few days, and then today. I just- I'm sorry." I was furiously wiping away the tears, only there were too many. I'd been holding a lot in, for a very long time- now I was crumbling.

I looked away, trying to hide my face. I hated being vulnerable, it wasn't in my nature. I didn't have time for emotions while raising Grant. It was either cry every night or rally and push through- breaking down couldn't happen.

Gavin climbed out of the bath, stringing a towel around his waist before opening one for me, reaching in to help me out and into it. "I'm sorry baby. I never wanted to make you cry." He pressed his lips to my forehead as his strong, safe arms enveloped me.

"I was scared today," I admitted. "I haven't been scared like that in a long time. And, I really missed you."

His arms tightened, then just as quickly released me, nudging me towards the bed. "You need to get that splint back on."

I nodded, grabbing the wrap and gesturing for him to hold it at the end while I wrapped up my swollen arm. Then I slid my arm into the splint, watching him latch it, all the while trying not to wince from the pain, but I couldn't help it, nor could I help the tears that continued to escape. "Can you grab my robe?" I waved towards the closet, dropping my hold on the towel, letting it fall to my feet.

"Baby," he sighed, swiping my cheek once more, flicking a tear away. "I can't handle seeing you cry. It fucking kills me."

"I'm trying to stop." It was out of my control. "I'm not usually a crier."

He returned with my robe, holding it open for me to slide into. "What can I do?" He mumbled, guiding the robe up my arms. "I know I fucked up, but I don't want you to end this."

End this? This wasn't about him, this was the culmination of many things. "I'm not. I couldn't sleep when you were gone, I hated that you were angry with me, that you weren't even calling. I missed you, I needed you. And right now, I need to feel safe, and I need to feel okay. I need you Gavin. You make me feel all those things." I searched his eyes, while his searched mine. "... I want, no, I need to feel you, all of you. I know it makes no sense, especially after what you just did in the tub, but it's not about the orgasm. I just need to feel our connection. I need to feel us. You do something to me- I can't explain it."

His hands were up, cupping my cheeks, grasping me just as desperately as he had at the hospital. "I need you too baby."