23

"My goal is to find Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome tonight," May sang as we stepped onto the casino floor.

"But first we drink." I linked my arm in hers, guiding us to the first bar I saw.

"How serious are you and Mike? Like don't talk to her she's seeing someone or if he's cute you're going for it?" She chuckled.

The answer was harder than I thought. I had promised Gavin I wouldn't do anything like that here, but really what were Gavin and I.

I wanted to answer that I was taken, because the truth was I was totally into him. But my brain knew better than to put all my eggs in one basket.

"I'll let the alcohol decide," I laughed as we hit up the bar.

I ordered a round of shots and we downed them immediately before turning back out to the casino floor. All eyes were on us as we walked by and I felt that liquid courage rising up.

"Should I text the guys from the pool?" May giggled, already pulling out her phone.

"No! That seems desperate. There are plenty of guys here!"

We walked past a row of slot machines and decided to feed them our cash. Of course May won on her first hand and I lost.

"Next round on you I guess," I laughed as we cashed out.

We crossed to another bar and May ordered our shots.

"We got it ladies," the guys next to us insisted as one of them handed his card to the bartender.

"Thanks," we said in unison before laughing.

"Where are you girls headed?"

"Meeting some friends in a bit, single girls trip," May smirked.

"We're here for a bachelor party, Tim here's getting hitched."

"What a shame," May laughed, as they joined in. I wish I had her spunk sometimes. "I'm May and this is Sadie."

"Another round?" The guy called out again. He looked from May to me and now I understood what Gavin meant by eye-fucking.

"Sure!" She smiled, probably pleased that this guy was practically licking his lips at us.

I took the next shot, finally feeling the alcohol start to loosen me up as May pulled her vibrating phone out, "they're here!" She jumped off the bar seat, "we'll be around the casino, find us later!"

"You're leaving so soon?" One of the guys faux whined. I'm sure they were more concerned about our breasts leaving than us.

"Our girls are here!" She grabbed my arm and yanked me away. She was rushing way too fast for me in these heels.

"Now our night starts!" She screamed as we ran up to Debbie, Sarah, and Julia who were already dressed up and waiting for us.

"Wow! You two look amazing!" Julia gushed, then turned to me as May looked around the casino floor. "Sadie, you look like you could be in a magazine!"

"Thanks," I blushed.

"Ladies!" May announced, "we've got some guys back at the bar over there!"

"I need a drink before I talk to any guys!" Sarah laughed.

We walked over to the sports bar and ordered shot after shot until everyone felt thoroughly buzzed. I was feeling a little more buzzed than I admitted, but it was Vegas after all.

"We tried calling y'all earlier but neither of you answered," Debbie chided as we strutted through the casino floor.

"I haven't even checked my phone!" I fumbled in my bag, forgetting what I was looking for then remembering and grabbing it.

Seven missed calls and three text messages. I swiped my phone open and saw Debbie's name along with a random 212 number.

"Who's got the 212 number?" I called to the girls. They each replied to me with a shrug.

"That's New York, probably telemarketers," Julia half slurred.

"There they are!" May screamed as the bachelor party from earlier made their way towards us.

I stuck my phone back in my purse as our groups met up.

"I think the cute blond likes you," Sarah whispered and I turned to find him staring at me with a big grin. He was cute, or maybe that was the 8 shots talking.

He walked over to Sarah and I, holding out his hand, "I'm Ethan."

"Sadie," I said as I shook his hand.

"Sarah."

"Sadie and Sarah huh," he chuckled as his eyes went back to me.

"I think we're headed to the slots, you ladies joining us?"

"I guess," I replied slowly, feeling the alcohol really kicking in. "I'm not very lucky tonight though."

"Really? Because you look like you've got the Midas touch."

Huh. It took a minute to register as I looked down at my tight gold dress.

"Funny," I giggled. "But also cheesy."

"Is that you?" Sarah grabbed at my bag, "yup that's you!"

I felt the vibrating then too and grabbed the phone out of my bag, two more 212 missed calls and 4 text messages from the same number. I opened the text, replying immediately, 'who is this?' before reading them.

Then I scrolled up to read the messages.
'What are you up to?'
'Answer my call baby'
'Sadie? Where are you guys?'
'Hello.'

A new message popped up just as I finished: 'Gavin'

My phone rang almost immediately. Shit. How did he get my number anyways, not that he shouldn't have it but, shit.

"Hello." I pushed the phone into my face to drown out the chaos around me.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He snapped through the speaker.

"Excuse me? I'm in Vegas, obviously. Heading to the Maze Bar or something," I giggled. I looked over to a staring Sarah and mouthed 'Grant' as she shrugged okay and started walking away.

"I've been calling you for hours," he huffed.

"And I've been, I've been here. I have to go..." I told him as Ethan grew closer.

"Are you drunk, already?" I could tell he was pissed, but he wasn't even supposed to be calling.

Ethan put his hand on my back, directing me in the direction that our group was moving. "Come on," he called right into my phone.

"Who the fuck was that?" Gavin hissed and I hung up. I didn't know what else to do and it seemed like a good idea. For good measure I text him back, 'nobody.' I hated lying to him but it was what it was.

"Jealous boyfriend?" Ethan laughed and I gave a half ass chuckle in reply as I looked forward and saw Gavin leaning against the wall outside Maze Bar, his eyes on me and the hand still on my back.