21

"Okay, spill," May prodded as we took our seats on the plane.

"What," I shrugged.

"You're glowing, I can tell something's up!"

I pushed my purse onto the floor and buckled my safety belt. "Same old, same old."

"It's Kirk isn't it! You're sleeping with Kirk!"

Kirk, oh god! "Ew, no way!"

"We all know you went out! You don't need to hide anything from me," she laughed.

I needed to tell someone about Gavin, it was too hard keeping this a secret.

"His name's...," I started, picturing the possible scenarios of this going bad. "His name's Mike."

"I knew it, I knew you were getting some!" She squealed.

"Shhh..." I smiled apologetically to the older woman in the seat to me.

"Where'd you meet? How old is he? Is he rich?" She giggled.

"He's a little younger," I shrugged. "I met him at Grant's school."

I paused, watching her for a reaction. My heart racing faster with every second.

"Oh!"

She figured it out, but instead of shaming me her eyes lit up in wonder. Maybe the truth wasn't so bad after all.

"He's a professor! Damn girl!" She slapped my arm playfully.

Of course. Why would she assume any differently. "No, not a professor." I paused again watching as her brows furrowed as she thought.

"A dad?" She grinned. Technically I had given her Mike's name and he was a dad. I didn't want to use Gavin's real name and this was even better. It was silly of me to think I could tell anyone about Gavin and I.

"Yup," I shrugged.

"Does he have a dad bod?" She giggled. "I'm getting in to dad bods."

"Not at all," I mused, before realizing I was talking about Gavin not Mike.

"Is he rich?"

"He's a lawyer."

"That's a yes! And the sex must be good because you're looking guilty," she laughed, nudging me in the side.

"The sex," I whispered. "Is amazing."

"I want to meet him!"

"Oh," I sighed, that was never going to happen. "He lives in LA, so."

"Bummer! Well tonight you're my wing woman! I want to find what you have!"

Then we should visit a University not be in Vegas, I laughed to myself. I had found something special, complicated, but special.

"Pool, casino, club!" She did a mock dance as the plane pulled onto the run way.

"Aren't we a little too old to be clubbing?" I popped a piece of gum in as we took to the skies.

"Hell no! It's Vegas and age is only a number!"

"So I've been told."

"You should of had, what's your man's name again?"

"Ga," oh shit. "Mike."

She gave me a funny look before continuing, "You should have invited Mike!"

"Then I couldn't have been your wing woman!"

"Touché!" She grinned. "Plus, we're sharing a room and I don't want to be locked out while y'all are getting busy."

Memories of yesterday flashed through my mind, the desk, the floor, the red dress. Even this morning, him staring at me while getting himself off, it was flattering and sexy at the same time. I was enough for him. My body started aching just thinking about it.

"It's been two years since I've gotten any," she mumbled. "Two years too long!"

"It was five for me, before... before Mike," I sighed. "And even then it was just a hump & jump."

"A what?" She laughed.

"You know he humps then jumps right off, his satisfaction is all he's concerned about."

"That would describe my marriage to a tee," she continued, laughing.

"I never knew what I was missing, I mean I did in a sense but not really."

"Girl, you're making me really want to meet someone tonight!"

"You will."

This was all making me miss Gavin. I wished he were here, sitting next to me instead of this older woman flipping through her cooking magazine.

Maybe he would have talked me into meeting him in the lavatory. He probably would have whispered something in my ear about the mile high club and snuck off.

I would have followed him of course, knowing I shouldn't. I would sneak into the same bathroom, praying no one noticed as he'd lock the door behind us.

He'd probably toss me up onto the tiny sink or pick me up and push my back against the wall. I'd grab his belt and whip it off as I simultaneously pulled his pants to his knees. His hands would then slide up under my shirt, then slide back down under my shorts.

"You like that?" His voice called, "I'm not a fan of hot wings but my husband loves them."

What? I blinked back into reality and realized I was staring at the ladies magazine next to me and she was the one talking to me.

I looked at the page that was open on her lap, Hot Wings. I sighed, trying to control the burn that was wrenching in me before answering her.

"Yes, extra hot."