63

He lifted his hand to my chest, fingers twisting up the lace tie of the corset. "I missed you this week baby but this was worth the wait."

"I missed you too baby," I whispered up to him.

"I love when you call me that." He slid his fingers up to my lips, tracing over them. "You hardly ever do."

"Okay baby," I teased, pushing myself up and reaching over for the flute of champagne on the bedside table.

Gavin sat up too, wiping the sweat from his brow as he watched me. "I hope you brought something else to sleep in, because I'm not gonna get any fucking sleep if you're next to me like this."

"That's the point," I laughed, turning my face back up to meet his. "You're so sweaty, here." I handed him my glass before standing from the bed and walking to the balcony doors, opening them all the way to let the cool breeze in.

"Come on..." He hopped up, grabbing the sheet off the bed and wrapping it over me before leading me outside. He took a seat on the squeaky balcony chair, pulling me down onto his lap.

"Ah," he sighed. "This cold air's like a slap in the face. Just what I needed."

"What?" I laughed against his chest, cuddling deeper into him.

"You, this sexy ass lingerie. I need to get a grip on myself before I tear you up."

"Oh..." But was that really such a bad thing...

"I've never wanted something so much before."

I could feel my smile, this was a good investment. "Well then I'll buy more like it."

"No baby," he chuckled, tightening his arms around me. "You. I've never fucking wanted anything the way I want you. I couldn't even get through these last few nights without thinking about you every damn second."

Neither could I. "So why didn't you come by?"

"I'm really behind on a lot of shit," he grumbled. "And that's not my style."

"Sorry."

"No baby, it's not your fault." He kissed my hair, then rested his head against it. "Plus, I went.."

I waited for him to continue but he didn't. "You went..."

"Nothing..." He locked me into him and I relaxed against his chest, enjoying the cold night air and the waves that were forming a soft lullaby around us.

"Gavin," I whispered, but he didn't reply so I looked up, meeting his closed eyes.
His arms were tight around me so I didn't fight to get up, instead I let the waves lull me to sleep as well.

I heard a noise, and suddenly woke, realizing we were still cuddled together outside on the balcony. I had no idea what time it was only that it was freezing and foggy out here.

I glanced around us, scanning the dark beach, the water reflecting the moon, and then the man under me, sleeping so soundly with his arms locked over me. I had never felt love like this, I didn't know it existed.

"Gavin," I whispered, pulling at his arms. "Baby." I stood up, tugging at him once more before his eyes finally blinked open. "Let's go back to bed."

I pulled his arm up, dragging him back inside and leading him to the bed, lying him down with a kiss before turning to walk over to my side.

"Come to bed baby," he mumbled, half asleep. "I don't wanna have to worry about you tomorrow night."

"I am and you worry too much," I laughed, climbing into the bed next to him.

"I've already lost too much," he muttered so quietly that I barely heard it. Then he leaned over, peering at the clock. "It's 12:34," he whispered. "Happy Valentine's Day Sadie."

Incidental Fate Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें