25

I waited until I saw Gavin disappear into the bar before starting in myself.

Our group was gathered around the bar at the opposite end from where Gavin now stood.

"Sadie!" May screamed, waving me over, drawing the attention of all the men around us and I was suddenly very aware of all the eyes on me.

"Sadie!" May squealed again and I turned back, seeing Ethan making his way to me and May winking obnoxiously behind him.

"Can I get you a drink?" He smiled while I stood there awkwardly, looking back at May with pleading eyes.

"Drink?" Gavin's cut in, stepping in front of Ethan and handing me a drink.

"Sure." I took it from him, watching as May and Julia's eyes went wide.

"I'm Gavin."

Shit. I forgot to tell him to use a different name. "Sadie," I smiled back as Ethan frowned at the exchange between us. I took a sip of the cocktail, eyeing Gavin as I did.

May pushed her way towards us as her eyes appraised every inch of Gavin. "Hello there," she flirted. "I'm May."

She looked over at me and mouthed 'whoa' before smiling back at him.

"She's taken, but I'd love a drink," she cooed.

"Taken?" He repeated as his eyes shot over to Ethan. I shook my head no and grabbed May's arm trying to get her attention.

"Sadie's got a fancy lawyer boyfriend named Mike."

I could feel my pulse racing as the words flew out of her mouth. I looked over at Gavin as his eyes narrowed and face tensed up. Why did I have to use the name Mike, so stupid.

"No, May," I emphasized, handing her the drink he'd just given me. "How about you buy me a drink," I smiled back at Gavin, tugging at his arm.

I took off towards the other end of the bar and he followed. "What the fuck is going on. I'm done. I shouldn't have fucking come here."

"She's talking about you Gavin." I grabbed at his front jeans pocket, digging my fingers into it. "I didn't want to use your name and she could tell I was seeing someone. So I just used his name and story. But I swear I was talking about you and see, any guy who came around she was telling them I was taken."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him and I couldn't help but sink my lips onto his. It didn't matter what May and the girls thought, I wanted him.

"Excuse me!" May's voice cut our kiss short and I glanced over to her, seeing her smiling ear to ear at me.

"Sadie we're heading over to the club, does he want to go?" She said loud enough for Gavin to hear.

I looked up at him as he nodded his head yes. I finally felt free to be with him and grabbed his hand in mine as we headed out of the bar.

"Girrl," May whispered in my ear. "He's hot!"

"I know," I whispered back, waiting for her to mention his age, but instead she just smiled and rushed up to Debbie and the girls.

Once we were out of view Gavin slid his hand down over my ass. "I've been waiting to do that," he hissed and I slid my hand over his jeans, squeezing his ass as well.

"Likewise," I teased.

Every woman we passed gave Gavin the eye, what the fuck had I been worried about. I was so concerned about what someone might think of me instead of realizing how hot the man next to me was. I should be proud that he's choosing to hold my hand over all the others. I needed to stop thinking about the future and focus on what was right in front of me.

Two younger women walked past us, smiling at Gavin as if I wasn't even there. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was my own jealousy coming out or the fact that I had pent up my feelings for him this past hour, but I grabbed him and threw him back against a slot machine, kissing him like I'd never kissed anyone before.

"Gavin," I moaned as I pulled my lips from his. "I want you so bad."

"What about your friends baby?"

"Let's go make an appearance, then I want to go up to your room."

"Okay," he grinned, pulling me back towards the club entrance.

We rejoined the group, heading into the dim yet wildly lit club, and squeezing through the crazy crowds.

"Over here," May yelled, leading us all to a just emptied booth that wasn't big enough for us all so Gavin pulled me onto his lap.

"Who's dancing?" May screamed over the music before jumping up, lauding the rest of the group to go with her.

"I'll save the table," I insisted.

"Let's go!" May yelled again, leading the group away.

Then I felt Gavin's warm breath through my hair, "you're so goddamn sexy tonight." His words sent chills down my spine. "Slide next to me in the booth baby."

I moved off of him and onto the bench, watching him glance around the dark club, then feeling his hand land on my thigh, fingertips gliding under my dress.

And he turned his body towards mine, lips crashing against my mouth, kissing me hard, in rhythm with his fingers, working just as hard.