38

I sat back down at the table, interrupting their happy and boisterous conversation and suddenly feeling very out of place.

My heart was mourning for the man who lost his parents and the man I should have been comforting. I had so many questions for him and I couldn't even ask them.

I smiled absently to the group not even attempting to join in whatever they were discussing and luckily the server arrived with our meals, giving me the distraction I needed.

"After this we can walk the lobby then down the boardwalk to the beach. It's perfect weather today!" Mike mused between bites.

"We'd love to!" Berkeley cheered, answering for her and Grant.

"That sounds great," I agreed, mentally going through my conversation with Giorgia over and over again in my head.

We finished eating and Mike insisted on paying the bill for all of us which made me feel even more guilty than I already did for ignoring him. Then he led us out of the restaurant, towards the grand lobby as I searched every face to make sure Gavin wasn't around to see us.

I knew he hated Mike and this set-up thing and it was the last thing he needed today. Plus I didn't want Grant seeing Gavin either, not after the whole older woman thing.

I needed to see him though, I felt awful and just needed to talk to him, just hear his voice.

I pulled my phone out of my bag, messaging May and instructing her to call me and then hang up. And just like I'd hoped she called the second the sliding glass doors opened for the boardwalk.

"It's the hospital," I mouthed to the group. "I'll catch up with you." I waved them off as I pretended to answer the now ended call.

I text May a quick thank you, then pulled up my messages with Gavin, typing: 'Are you still here?'

Then waited a few seconds before sending the next message: 'Will you meet me? Just for a second? I'm in the lobby.'

I stared at my phone, hoping that he would reply. I didn't want to steal time away from his sister, I just wanted to see him before I left. But he wasn't responding.

I walked back over to the sliding glass doors, looking out to the boardwalk but Grant and the group were already gone.

"I'm here." Gavin's cold voice called from behind me and I swung around to face him, glancing quickly around to make sure he was alone.

"She's heading over to the spa," he said as if reading my thoughts.

I had a million things to say, but couldn't. Instead I stepped in closer to him, throwing my arms up against his chest with force as I reached up to kiss him.

I pressed my lips against his, his arms immediately wrapping around my waist as his tongue darted into my mouth, dancing with mine.

We kissed a little longer before he pulled away, but still keeping his arms locked around me. "This doesn't make up for you having lunch with him."

"I didn't know that was part of the plan. Grant picked me up and brought me here, where Mike's staying."

"Did you tell him you were seeing someone or at least fucking someone."

"Stop it! I didn't mean what I said the other morning. You know you mean more to me than that." I reached my hand up, my fingers gently stroking his face. "And you have no right to be mad at me, Grant told me you told people about us. That you were seeing an older woman."

"Fuck. I knew he heard. Dan called me on the way home from Vegas and I was in a really bad fucking place. When I told him where I'd been he asked if it was with one of the chicks from school and I told him no, that you were older. That's it. He brought it up yesterday and as soon as I saw Grant coming our way I ran."

"Just be careful, please."

"I know," he groaned.

"So how long is your sister here for?"

"Just tomorrow. She.. she had a quick work thing."

Liar. Why couldn't he just tell me the truth about his parents. "Will you come by tomorrow after she leaves?"

"Aren't you working?"

"I'll be home by eight."

"What are you doing now?" He growled, pulling me in even tighter.

"I'm literally stuck here. Grant drove me and I was going to call a ride but it'd be way too expensive. But don't worry, Mike is just Berkeley's dad, nothing more."

"How about instead of him getting to stare at you today, let me."

"Not here Gavin. Grant will be back and I can't risk it."

"I meant upstairs," he grinned down to me. "In my room."

"You mean your sister's?"

"I have a room right next to hers."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not going to drive back and forth thirty minutes each fucking way while she's here."

"Oh, um, okay." I looked out the sliding doors for any sign of the group but they were nowhere in sight. "But we should probably hurry."

I walked behind him, keeping a short distance just in case and he hit the elevator call button as we slid inside.

His lips flew down to mine before the doors even closed and my hands wrapped around his back, clawing at the muscles that flexed from our embrace.

The elevator doors opened again and he pulled me down the hallway and threw his door open.

It wasn't Vegas but it didn't matter. The loud flashing lights were replaced by the bright sun and the sound of crashing waves.

He wrapped both my hands in his, bringing them up to his mouth and kissing them softly. "I missed you."

I slid my fingers out of his grip and to the buttons on his shirt, seamlessly unbuttoning them before tugging the shirt down his arms.

I kissed his lips, then his neck, then drug my tongue down to his sculpted chest as I slid his jeans and boxers off. I continued dragging my tongue down to his arousal, teasing his tip before I swallowed him, taking him so deep that he had to grip my head to steady himself.

"Fuck Sadie!" He grasped my hair in his hands, guiding my head back and forth over him. But I wanted more. We didn't have a lot of time and if I didn't feel him in me now I wouldn't be able to focus on anything else, including work tomorrow.

I slid my mouth off his thickness and stepped backwards to the four poster bed, lowering myself back onto it. "I need you to fuck me Gavin. I need to feel you inside me."

"Fuck," he grunted, pouncing on top of me and ripping my clothes aside before slamming right into me. "Fuck!"

My fingers flew to his biceps, curling over them and clawing against his skin as hammered into me.

"Gavin!" I screamed. "I.." my eyes flung open, shocked as the words 'I love you' almost escaped my mouth.

"Do I need to pull out?"

"No!" I yelled, feeling that intense pleasure only he's ever given me. He thrust once more, releasing with me before dropping against my chest.