DRINK FIFTEEN.

TRAYTON BARNES ✔️

I sat there in that house that use to be torn to shreds now clean as a whistle while I lay in my sadness dirty. I couldn't hear anything over my jagged breaths accompanied with hot tears that trailed down my pink cheeks one after another.

I didn't call anymore or send texts to that number after Jordan told me it wasn't hers anymore. When he'd come over I would ask how was she? 'Healing'  he's say and would give me nothing more.

On the night of her graduation all I could do was sit at the drunken paradise and think of her, think of how I would've have the biggest bouquet awaiting her after she comes from the stage. Then the car ready for our date, I thought about the laughs we would share, I thought about her smile and how beautiful she would look.

I thought...I thought about us.

Though our meeting time short, feelings can form easily. Love at first sight? Could that just be it? Was that the feeling that I held at night when I'd talk Sonya to sleep.

Love?

or was it infatuation?

Could it be that strong to make a man like me cry? To hate myself at night for hurting her like that, any fool could see the feelings we harbored for each other that we might've thought were so secretive, but they were in the light.

How does she feel? Or How did she feel?

" T! " Jordan called walking into my home with his spare key and a hand full of bags.

" I'm right here. " I called from the couch in blankets.

" You're still sitting there? It's been a couple days since I've been over, have you not moved? " He asked sitting me up and I sighed lightly in response.

" Get up and take a shower, I had gotten you some clothes for the party in a few hours. " He told me and I groaned.

" No, I don't want to party. I want to keep sulking in sadness, it's what I deserve. "

" Don't say that everyone deserves happiness. Now get up you're going to this party, and make sure you was your hair good cause it's getting cut, cause you lookin like some 80's high school douchebag. " He said standing me up, walking me to the bathroom and I looked at myself in the mirror.

80's high school douche is correct.

I complied and showered getting ready in an outfit that Jordan had bought for me, honestly what type of party is this that he needed to buy me an outfit?

After that he took me to get a haircut before we started to make our way to this party.

" Who's party is this? " I asked.

" A friend of mine. "

" Do I know this friend? " I asked.

" Yup. "

" If it's Sonya then take me back home, I know she doesn't want to see me. I wouldn't want to ruin her pa- "

" She knows your coming. " He said plainly.

" Jordan- "

" She wanted me to bring you. " He told me.

She wanted me to come? She invited me?

" Also it's too late to back out now because we're already here. " He said parking his car with a grin on his face.

Nowhere to run and hide.