DRINK TEN.

TRAYTON BARNES ✔️

I was at my home with Jordan and he was helping me prepare to go to Sonya's place of work to ask her out. My stomach was all over the place, and he was calming me down.

" It's alright, all you have to do is be confident and ready to go ask her out. You can do it, but if it's too crowded I had put the flowers in the car, so all you have to do is wait for her to come out then ask her. " He said and I nodded.

" Dude, I'm so proud of you. You got this Tray, she won't be able to resist you. Now go on, I'll be waiting on you to get back and remember you're done drinking so getting a drink isn't an option. " He said.

" Yeah, I know. Alright here I go. " I said and looked in the mirror one more time and fixing my hair before walking out and getting in my car.

I pulled up and took a quick breath before getting out, I had walked inside and the bell dinged and my eyes had immediately found Sonya as hers found mine and I smiled and she looked as if she blushed.

I had walked over sitting right in front of her on the bar stool seeing notecards, books and pens before she started conversation.

" Hi, what would you like to drink?," She asked with this cute tight lipped grin.

" Nothing. I decided to stop, yesterday was my last day actually." I said giving a small grin and nod.

" So what are you doing here today?," She asked with a confused look and I internally started to panic.

" Well I um–I wanted to.." I said fumbling on my words before clearing my throat ready to try again, as I noticed the cooks stare on me adding onto the pressure.

" I wanted to ask you on–on your opinion if the wings here are worth trying?," I said almost there before collapsing at the end with a sigh of disappointment in myself and I looked up at her to see a small frown planted on her lips.

" Um yeah they are worth trying, would you like it in a to go box or for here. " She said sounding disappointed herself and I felt like a complete failure.

" To go. " I whispered and she went to go talk to the cook and I went as far as I can at the end of the bar and called Jordan while I paced around waiting for him to answer.

" Tray what's up?, " He answered sounding confused.

" I failed man, I was asking her and then I got too nervous not to mention the cooks beady eyes were on me and I just had it fall through and asked her on her opinion about the wings here. " I said with a sigh while he laughed.

" Come on it's not funny, I just blew it!," I said rubbing my hand over my face.

" I'm sorry but–AHAAH!," He yelled laughing and I groaned annoyed.

" Alright, Alright. You didn't fail yet, remember the flowers in the car. Wait for her to come out and then that's when you ask her. " He said.

" Right." I said.

" Your order is ready. " She called and I went down paying and she handed me the wings. I walked out quickly getting some final practice in so I could ask her right this time I held the flowers and waited.

I was waiting when I heard footsteps coming and I held up the flowers, as she walked toward reaching in her pockets not paying me attention until she looked up finally noticing me and I gave a nervous smile before I finally spoke.

" Hey, would you mind if I asked you something. " I asked with a nervous smile as she walked closer.

" It depends, is it about the fries and if they're worth trying?," She asked with a smile making me chuckle and shake off a few nerves.

" No, no nothing like that. " I said shaking my head.

" Well then go ahead. "

" Well, I know that we met on how do I say...awkward terms I guess, but even though that I feel like I want to get to know you. Not through any drinks though, with dinner at 'Le Fionte Bistro' Friday at 7. " I said and handed her the flowers and she smiled looking at them.

[Enzo's at 7... if you know then you know]

" I'm so sorry, but I have my nursing exam coming up and I need this week to study. I really would love to get to know you better, maybe sometime next week?, " She asked with a frown again and I had gotten an idea.

" Well I'm a certified nurse, maybe I could help you study. " I said and she gave me a small side grin with an uncertain look.

" What is the normal amount of hours a nurse may work?," She asked.

" Twelve hours. " I said and she looked slightly impressed but not fully impressed anyone could've guessed that.

" What is a code brown? " She asked.

" It's an external emergency situation meaning it's been mass casualties from a natural or man-made disaster or due to a chemical, biologic or radiologic incident requiring the receiving hospital to prepare itself for victims. " I said and she looked completely shocked, and I just chuckled in response.

" So would you like my help?, " I asked and she nodded.

" Here let's exchange numbers. I'll send you the address tomorrow. Thank you Trayton." She said with a bright smile before getting in the car and I waved. She waved back before driving off and then I broke out in a small happy dance.

I regained myself before getting in the car, and making my way back home to tell Jordan about my success.