DRINK FOUR.

SONYA MARIE ✔️
|2 weeks later |

It was 9:30pm when I had finally started my shift at 'The Drunken Paradise'. I watched as the regulars faces of the night walk in with baring smiles, or baring sadness. Groups of people celebrating in happiness and those lone souls sitting in despair fighting their demons.

" aye Sonya can you bring the boys and I the finest rounds of shots!, " Sebastian asked with a bright smile and I obliged with a grin and brought them over and I was about to walk off as he stopped me and pulled me over.

" Thank you for all your help, you know those nights I was drunk off my ass and you helped me get home. You made me feel as though somebody gave a damn about me and that's all I really wanted. I owe you. " He said with a small grin.

" You don't owe me a thing, now enjoy your night. " I said with a smile and gave him a pat on the back before walking back behind the counter cleaning glasses and serving drinks to the others around me.

It was 12:37am when I had started sending all the drunken people home, there were still well off people that sat around in the bar finishing their drinks and going home. Once everyone was gone I had cleaned up and went home.

It was pouring when I had gotten outside, luckily I had my umbrella. I was walking home today to save some gas and money. I was walking past the bus stop and seen a man sitting inside with clothes looking soaked as he kept his head down. I sighed and kept my head straight, I finally got home and went inside closing the door.

I looked around the house with a sigh, the quiet that surrounded me made me feel some type of way. It didn't feel right to come home to no one, it must be the man that preoccupied my dreams at night that made me feel as though this wasn't how home was supposed to be.

This man wasn't real though, he was the man I dreamt of having. He was nothing but just that a dream.

Right?