DRINK SIX.

SONYA MARIE ✔️

I sighed tiredly, as I just got in for my shift at 'The Drunken Paradise'. I waved at a few of the morning workers before going behind the bar and setting up, I looked around seeing a few familiar faces. I looked down at the end of the bar to see a man I've never seen in here before as he took sips of his drinks as he started off into space.

I served the whole night, and it was almost closing time. The people had left and the only one that was left was the man at the end of the bar, the cook and I. After a few minutes it was closing time when the cook left and the man was still here.

I cleaned the glasses as I watched the broken man at the end of the empty bar row stare down at the down at the bottom of his glass, it looked as if his eyes held nothing. No emotion whatsoever he was hallow and looked as if he was at his wits end. There were always people that came in broken, whether it be breakup, divorce, gambling troubles etc.

This man though...he was nothing like I've ever seen. It seemed like he wanted to scream out for help, but couldn't find the voice to do it. Before I could react my legs carried me down to him as I stood in front of him.

" Sir are you alright?," I asked as he slowly rose his head and I looked into the light blue eyes to see nothing held behind them, I searched but to no avail.

" I'm fine, may I please have another drink?," He asked slowly sliding his glass to me.

" It's closing time, I can't give out anymore drinks. Do you have anyone that can come pick you up? If not I have money for you a cab or Uber depending on where you live. " I said and he slowly sat back still staring down into his empty glass.

" I live in the hills. 4567 Melvbroke road." He said with an accent that was now visible to me, as he kept his eyes on me.

" That's pretty far out, do you have anyone that could pick you up?, " I asked him.

" No, my best friend is at work and I couldn't possibly have him leave work to help me. Plus I don't want you to have to spend your money to help me get home, I can just walk. " He said with a small shrug.

" Do you know how far the hills are from here? It'll take hours for you to get there and what I'm about to say is against my better judgment but...I'm gonna take you home. I'm going to finish cleaning up then we're going, and just know my dad is a war vet and I know how to kill you in a matter of seconds in ten different ways. " I said seriously and he nodded with a small grin.

I had taken his glass cleaning it out, and cleaning up the bar and tables again. I had started to put on my things and I had him follow me outside as I locked up the place.

" Come on, my car is just around here. " I said helping him over and unlocking the car and sitting him down before getting in myself.

"4567 Melvbroke Rd." I typed in and got directions and drove off.

God please let this go well because I don't have time to kill this man if tries something.