DRINK ELEVEN.

SONYA MARIE ✔️

It was eight o'clock when I had Trayton come over and help me, and since we couldn't go out together he brought me my favorite. Chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and sausage with apple juice to drink. We decided eat first before studying and needless to say we started up a conversation getting to know each other.

" Sonya, What is your favorite color?, " He asked with a smile.

" A very generic question to ask, but it's purple. Anything purple I will love to death. " I said and then ate a waffle and he chuckled eating his eggs.

" So Trayton, What do you do for a living?, " I said and I noticed his body language as he stiffed up a bit before clearing his throat.

" Well I use to be in the military, but one day there was this injury that sent me home and caused me not to be able to work so I get checks monthly. " He said and I slowly nodded interested.

" If you don't mind me asking...what was injured in the accident?, " I said and he sighed.

" Um...my arm. During the accident is how I lost half of it and now it's a robotic arm but I had it specially customized to look exactly like my regular arm. I know I'm probably not in your interest anymore after telling you this, not many women want a man with a disability. " He said becoming lower in the end as he sat his food down.

" Good thing I'm not like them, it's nothing different to me. It doesn't make you any less of a man, it doesn't make you any different than another man I could meet on the street. It's apart of you, that you can't change and it's either they take you as you are or miss out on how great you can be. " I said holding one of his hands as he looked into my eyes with fascination reflecting in his own.

He moved closer, as I looked at his lips and he looked at mine. Just as our lips were going to connect I stopped pulling away with a sigh.

" We shouldn't do this, we just met and I don't want this to move too fast. " I said and nodded.

" Yeah, I'm sorry you're right. Come on let's continue to get you prepared for this exam. " He said and went back to the book as we continued.

I couldn't help but to sneak glances at Trayton when we weren't studying, I watched him wondering what's on his mind. Is he hurt that I declined him the kiss? Or maybe is he actually relieved?

I'm relieved that I was able to hold back. I want to build something with him on a connection level and not a sexual one, at least not yet. I wanna get to know him for him to be this intelligent, this handsome, with a sexy Australian accent something just has to be wrong with him.

"Hey Trayton.."

"Yes?" He asked looking up from the book with a small grin and I just shook my head.

"It's nothing, I'm sorry." I said waving him off.

"No it's something, come on and tell me. I'm listening." He said and sat the book down before turning to me as those blue eyes wandered around my face, they looked so bright and angelic, but I could clearly see the pain hidden behind them.

Now would not be the time to confront him, maybe nothings wrong and I'm just trying to make something up because I'm scared to get close to him because I don't want to get hurt.

"Sorry I forgot it, from now on no more distractions." I said and he slightly nodded looking very unconvinced.

He picked up his book and we finally had started to get back on track, but in my mind I could barely focus.