Chapter 20

"Hey! Are y'all okay?!?" Conner says looking concerned as he comes through the door.

"We're fine." Quinn mumbles.

"Let's go." I stand up and walk straight out.

I walk up and stand by Conners car with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Hey... babe it's okay." Conner whispers from behind me and I instantly think of Jack's warm lips on my neck, I get chills at the thought.

"I'm fine." I whisper as I open the door to the passengers seat.

He takes his seat in the drivers seat adjacent to me and gives me a small smile.

"So what happen?" He asks as we pull out of the parking lot.

"He was just being stupid. Boys are all at some point."

"Dump him." Conner says all too fast.

"That's not the answer to everything." I sigh.

"Right..." He mumbles.

"Just talk to him when he gets back. I'm sure he just didn't know." Quinn says from the back seat.

"Yeah I know." I say.

We pull up to my driveway and Quinn and I get out of the car.

"Gonna spend the night here, k? k." Quinn says and walks straight into my house.

Conner walks me to the door and gives me a gentle hug. While he pulls away he pushes his lips against mine. His warm familiar lips move against mine. I pull away almost instantly and gasp.

"Conner, I'm sorry I love Jack."

His whole face looks as if I punched him.

"Oh." He turns and walks away.

But I don't stop him. I don't know what else I would say.

Should I tell Jack? It didn't mean anything... I pulled away. And if I didn't tell him and he figured out he would just be more angry.

I walk into the house slowly and Quinn is already laying on my couch watching tv with a cheese stick.

"Hey boo did Conner kiss you?" She says casually.

"Did you see?" I slump into the couch next to her.

"No, I just guessed that the moment y'all were alone he would make a move." She shrugs like it's nothing.

"I think I might of just ruined our friendship by telling him I'm in love with Jack."

"Well it's not like you could lie!"

"True."

"Did you kiss him back?"

"No way! I mean he's hot but we are just friends." I breathe out.

"Don't say the beginning part to Jack when you tell him."

"How do you know I'm going to tell him?" I say sitting up.

"You have to! You can't keep this from him! Do you know how angry he would be if he found out before you told him? Jack isn't the most reasonable person ever." She rolls her eyes.

"Fine you're right!" I shout.

"Hey! What's goin on y'all?" My mother walks in the room smiling.

"Nothing really." I fake smile to her.

"Cool!" She retreats back to her room.

"Your mom is cool." Quinn throws her trash on the floor.