Chapter 10

I walk down the street dirting up my white vans. Ugh. Why did Jack have to kick me out of his house? I don't even have my phone. Why is my life one big disaster 99% of the time? It's official. I'm lost. I have no earthly idea where the fuck I am. I decide to take a seat on the curb and take a break. My feet hurt like hell. I hear a car roll up near me and I stand up. I see Jack pull up next to me "Get in." He says. I nod and jump in. We drive in silence for a minute until I see a familiar rode.

"Are you okay?" I whisper staring at my lap.

"I'm fine." He sighs.

I nod awkwardly. I want to know why he was crying but I can't ask him, not now.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." He says stopping at a stop sign.

"It's fine. It's not like I've never seen someone cry." I say jokingly.

"No ones ever seen me cry." He says clenching his jaw and I shut up.

"N-not even your parents?" I stutter.

"No." He breathes out.

"Oh." That's all I can say.

He's really frustrated and I just want to wipe away the frown on his face.

"Jack. I'm not going to tell anyone or make fun of you. I just hope you know that."

"How do I know that I can trust you?" He whispers.

"I'll prove it to you." I say.

We pull up to my driveway and I stare at him.

"I'll show you." I repeat staring straight at him. We slowly lean towards each other and just before our lips meet he stops. He closes his eyes and pulls away.

"Have a good night..." He whispers staring out the window.

"What?" I ask my eyes swelling a little.

"Have a good night? That's what people say when they're saying goodbye." He rolls his eyes.

"But..." I stop. I have to get out before I start crying. I grab my phone and run inside not even bothering to close his car door. I open and slam our front door shut. "Honey!" My mother shouts from the kitchen.

"Sorry mom that was an accident." I lie. I run upstairs quickly and close my room door silently. I jump onto my bed and shove my head in my pillow. Shit. I just embarrassed myself to a whole new level. I thought that me and Jack could actually be a thing. But of course I'm ah idiot and I don't even know how to keep a guy around. Why did I have to try to kiss him? Am I completely stupid? He obviously doesn't like me like that. I'm so emotional, here I am crying over a boy I'm not even dating.

I stopped crying shortly after and I decided to go clean up. I wipe off all of my make up and change into comfortable pjs. I throw my hair up in a messy bun and lay down to watch Netflix. About 10 minutes into my show I hear my mom call me down for dinner. We eat mac and cheese and then not long after, I go to bed.