Chapter 7

"Why are you taking a shower?" My moms says behind me.

"Holy shit mom you scared me!" I jump up and turn around.

She stares at me.

"Sorry, but I'm going to hang out with some friends tonight." I shrug.

"Oh. I was hoping we could have a movie marathon or paint each other's nails." She whispers.

"Mom! No! I'm going to hang out with friends didn't I just say that?!"

"Don't talk to me like that young lady!" She screams at me.

I rub my temples. "Sorry, I just haven't slept much and volleyball practice wears me out." I sigh.

She sighs with me and she nods her head, and with that she's gone.

I step into the shower and immediately feel relieved. The warm water flows down my body. I feel the tension leave and I stand there for a few minutes.

When I finally get out of the shower and wipe my mirror and get started on my make up. I put on some eye liner and mascara, the basic. I then make a smokey eye with brown eye shadow. I pull out of blow dryer and plug it in the outlet. My hair takes forever to dry and straighten and by the end it had been 54 minutes. I sigh and relax my tense shoulders.

I jump and lay on my bed for a coupl of minutes while thinking about what could happen tonight. What if Nash tries to make a move? Or Jack? Do I want them to make a move? Do I not want them to? Do I want one to and not the other? So many questions.

I feel like me and Nash connect on more of a personal level but there's this weird flare between Jack and me that I just can't put my finger on. It has always made me wonder. I then start humming the song "Makes me wonder, by Maroon 5." I love Adam Levine with my whole body.

I hear a ding and check my phone.

Nash: "Be there in 10."

I jump up and walk to my closet. I stare at it for a few minutes till I chose a grey shirt that falls off the shoulders and the sleeves go halfway down my arms. It shows a little bit of my tan stomach and I like that. I pull out my white booty shorts and tug them on with some black converse high tops. I look at myself in my full body mirror and smirk. I look good. I hear my doorbell and I light jog downstairs. My mom beats me to it and pulls open the big brown door.

"Hello, and you are?" She smiles at the blue eyed handsome boy on my porch.

"Nash. Nice to meet you Mrs. Hardy." He smiles big and pulls out his hand and my mother shakes it.

"Nice to meet you Nash. Have Liz home at 11:30 if you will." and with that she's gone. She trusts me and doesn't feel the need to talk much to guys who pick me up. She feels as if they're just like my friends that are girls.

I smile at him and walk out the door. I close it behind me as he wraps his arm around my waist. "You look beautiful." He smiles.

"You too." I wink and giggle. He was wearing a muscle T with black pants and vans.

"Glad we don't have to dress up too nice for this." I giggle and he nods in agreement. But he has no idea because he looks so hot in his muscle T-shirt.

He opens the passenger door for me and I hop in. I smile and look around his expensive mustang. It smells fresh.

"Is this the 2011?" I ask.

"Nice. A girl who knows cars." He laughs, "Yes it is. Ain't she a beauty?"

"Very." I nod in agreement.