Chapter 28

Author's POV

Alex's body falls to the ground with a thud as the dagger is withdrawn from her heart.

Nathan and Brody both shout out in pain and anger from her death, but Jake doesn't notice in his amazement.

His body has absorbed the power from Alex and is emitting a bright blue light. The Goddess of Darkness rushes towards him in rage.

"How could you take that power away from my grasps!? I re-birthed you! I made you who you are! Give me the power, NOW!" She screams at him.

"This is MY power now. I own it, you no longer are needed. You shouldn't be worried about me having the power, at least not with her around." He says darkly and points behind the Darkness towards the furious Moon Goddess.

Nate and Brody both watch this interaction numbly while killing off the rest of the demonic dogs. They both lost their only chance at a mate and don't have time to mourn. Their packs are fighting side by side, and so are they.

Jake walks away from his mother and aunt, and starts conjuring a storm in the sky. He smiles up at it, almost giddy, and feels an electrifying wave go through his body. He thinks nothing of this until he starts to lose control of the powerful storm.

A lightning bolt shoots down from the sky and strikes him. His body starts to crack with blue lighting coming from the cracks. He then burst open with a wave of lightning coming out of his body.

This wave hits all of the demon wolves, and they die in a burst of dust coating the blood stained grass. 

The Darkness was too busy watching what just happened to her son to realize that the Moon Goddess picked up the god and goddess killer. When the Darkness finally comes to, she has to rush out of the way in order to dodge the dagger.

The Moon Goddess and Darkness are fighting non stop until a green puff of smoke appears right behind the Darkness.

Loki.

He pushes her forward towards the dagger, and it is plunged deep into her chest cavity.

She cracks similarly to how Jake did, but with black seeping out of the cracks. She shatters into a million pieces like a mirror and Loki disappears after that without a word.

Lana, the Moon Goddess, looks to her dead daughter's body and up to her two mates standing side by side with their packs.

"I'm sorry Nathaniel and Brody. I wish I was here sooner so she wouldn't have died. I'm sorry." She says before breaking down into sobs with her husband. They lost their one and only chance at a daughter.

They both disappear in puffs of smoke.

After that, the packs clean up the battle field around their Luna's dead body. There is no jokes being made, no conversations being made either. Only silence as they pick up injured and dead pack members.

This is what war is.

People lose what is dearest to them, even if they did everything they could to stop it. It was inevitable.

These are the thoughts of both Alphas as they sit next to Alex's body.

What are they going to do now? They aren't sure.

What they are sure about is keeping their packs together for the sake of Alex, and staying sane until they learn to cope without their mate.

Or is there a different way this is going to go?

-----------------------

(7/5/19)

Hey everyone.....I know I have been a lousy author but I hope you enjoyed this long awaited chapter (It has been around 70 days since I last updated {And yes I counted}). And no, this isn't the end of the book.

If I am correct, the next chapter is the epilogue. I don't know if I am going to be doing a bonus chapter though.

Good news! My finger is finally healed and I can start writing more...YAY! And the family drama has dimmed down...*knocks on wood*

If there is any grammar error, please let me know in the inline comments.

Have a wonderful day my Vikings!  

--------------------