Chapter 1

I am going to try an make this a good book. So please enjoy.

I am starting to edit the book since I now have the time. Please be patient as some of the old text as you continue reading, but I will try my best to edit as fast as I can.

Also, if you are a re-reader. I am probably taking an extremely minor, minor as in literature minor not age, character out as to not have them there out of the blue.

#########

I stand there outside the small red brick high school in the wilted yellow grass covering the property. I turn to the girl who was more of a stranger than a friend, but I still have to say goodbye so she doesn't try to follow me.

It would not end well for her. That's what people don't understand when they stay alongside me. They end up hurt or worse.

I am knocked out of my thoughts by the sobbing of the brown haired girl who tried to befriend me.

"You think I want to leave you Taylor? I have to go, my family controls where I go. Even if I am almost eighteen, I am still a minor. You know this" I look at Taylor whilst my own brown hair flies into my eyes thanks to the rough wind.

"No, but you could beg your parents to stay!" She screams at me and continues to cry as if I am torturing her. I guess that's what happens when people you care about leave.

I wouldn't know the feeling.

She continues to sob and tries to reach for me to hug me. It doesn't make any sense why she is crying so hard, we hardly know each other and she is acting as if we have since we were kids. I need to leave before this gets worse.

"I have already asked them and they said no." That's a lie because I don't have parents and I am the one saying no.

"Well I wish you the best of luck at your next school. Bye bestie." Taylor embraces me as she continues to cry into my shoulder. 

'Come on. Let's just leave'  Audree, my wolf, complains. Little brat.

'No, she will follow us' I reason as I try to keep a neutral expression whilst talking mentally to my wolf.

'Fine, but you better hurry' Audree huffs and retreats to the back of my mind.

'I will' I assure as I refocus my eyes on a Taylor who looks pissed at me for not hearing what she just said.

"Why aren't you listening to me?!?" Taylor loudly questions me as she pulls back from the bear hug she had me in.

"I was listening, but I need to leave like right now. I cannot let my parents wait. Goodbye Taylor." I say with fake saddness. This is taking longer than expected and I have to go before the nearby pack locates me.

They have been trailing my scent and I believe they know where I am staying now. Which isn't good since most packs kill rogues, which is what I am.

"Ok, bye Alex. I'll miss you." She gives me another hug, wipes her tears away and walks to her beat up car in the school parking lot.

'Finally she's gone.' My wolf reemerges from being in the back of my mind.

'Yeah, she sure takes a lot of convincing.'

I walk to my car and put my school bag in the passenger seat. I start to drive home listening to one of my favorite songs to try and ease my mood.

When I finally get to my house and open the door, I notice something unusual. I didn't leave the door unlocked when I left this morning for school. I start to panic and hurriedly turn around.

As I push to close the door, something, or more like someone, is blocking me from closing it fully with their foot.

"Hey, can you move your foot?" I ask warily, but the person doesn't make a move to open or close the door.

Suddenly, I am pressed up against a wall near the door. I hate being manhandled. My face is turned to the side against the wall but I can't move. The intruder is too strong for me to wiggle out from.

"Let me go! I will hurt you if you don't." I growl out with as much courage as I can muster.

"Oh, Alexandra. You don't scare me one bit." The guy mocks, his deep voice sending uncomfortable shivers down my spine.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" I wiggle around trying to loosen his grip on my arms. The two questions in my head hopefully distracting him enough. I hope he can't multitask, I hope it takes a lot of effort for his small pea brain to think.

Something then makes me take a whiff of the air, and I instantly know that this is a high ranking werewolf. Probably a Beta or Delta. Wolves of higher rank have a distinct smell of woods, whereas pack members don't really smell like much besides their actual body scent.

As I am thinking the man behind me, or should I say werewolf, tightens his grip to keep me from slipping away. He answers my question pretty quickly but in an annoyed tone, as if this is an inconvenience for him.

"I am the one to bring the alpha what he wants. And if it wasn't obvious, the alpha wants you brought to him. You are a rogue after all." The guy's tone makes me want to run from him and punch him all at the same time.

Maybe I would punch him if I could just get free. I spot my knife on the table near the door and try to move my body closer to it. He of course sees what I am trying to get and makes a 'tsk' sound at me.

"Before you get any ideas...This is going to make it easier to carry you without you struggling." He says as he injects me with something that instantly burns in my blood stream. I being to sway as he backs up from me. I turn to look at him with hatred and the pain takes a turn for the worse.

I try to fight the urge to faint from the pain, but it's too great. I instantly know what this is. Wolfsbane. I continue to sway but I suddenly can't feel my legs. I collapse into my now kidnapper's arms as I black out.

--------------------------

(2/24/18)

Hello everyone. I hope you like my story so far. This is my first werewolf book. I hope you guys can tell me anything I need to work on.

But anyways have a wonderful day my Vikings!

--------------------------

Edited: March 26, 2024
--------------------------