Chapter 23

Alex's POV

I won't tell them tonight since we had an eventful day, but I will definitely tell them tomorrow. I hate how Jake has this effect to scare the living day lights out of me, without even being here.

I still have PTSD from what he did to me last time. I can't go through that again, I won't.

Moon Goddess's (Lana) POV

What is my dear sister planning?

"Is everything alright Lana?" Michael, Alex's father, asks me with concern.

"Am I okay? NO! I am NOT OKAY! My daughter might die in this war, and I can't do anything to stop it!" I shout as him with anger and fear in my voice. I turn away from him once I see the hurt expression in his eyes. "Look, I am just really worried about Alex, I didn't mean to yell at you Mike." I say softly and turn around to see tears in his eyes.

I wrap my arms around his torso, kind of like reassurance for him. That I am not angry with him, just this situation.

I pull away and he says something I didn't expect to hear.

"We have to kill your step sister, or she will kill our daughter." He says with total determination in his voice and expression.

"We will, I promise." I reply to him with just as much determination as him, if not more.

***Time Skip To Morning*** 

Alex's POV

I wake up to find both of my mates on either side of me. Aww, aren't they adorable.......I am weird in the morning.

I also have to pee really bad, and these two mountains aren't gonna make it easy.  Actually, I can just push them off with my magic.

I try to move my hand or even my arm, but the two of them are laying on them. GREAT, not the heavy sarcasm.

I begin to wiggle around but it isn't working, I have a better idea. I could just yell in their minds.

-Brody, Nathan, WAKE UP!- I yell in their minds and they both fall off the bed with grunts of pain following them.

"Did you have to yell?" Brody asks me.

"Yes, you two had my arms pinned and I needed to go to the bathroom." I reply before rushing to the bathroom.

While I am doing my morning routine, I hear two growls filled with rage. Welp, looks like they found the note Jake left.

I walk out and see them looking at the note, with hatred filled eyes. They look up at me with a questioning look.

"I have two questions and you have to answer them both with 100% honesty." Nathan asks me with absolute seriousness in his voice. 

I nod in agreement to answering the questions honestly. I hope I don't regret this.

"How long has this note been here and when were you going to tell us?" He questions with an accusing voice that doesn't reach his eyes. His eyes show betrayal, and worry.

"It has been there since last night, and I was going to tell you today." I say calmly to them, afraid they might burst.

"Okay. Ar-Are you okay?" He asks me with concern lacing his expression.

"Yeah, are you okay Alex? We both know what he tried to do to you, so.." Brody adds on.

"I guess I am fine, I don't really know anymore. I thought I was okay, but after reading the note....I don't know anymore." I say with a crack in my voice on the last part.

They look at each other and then rush over to me, giving me a massive hug. 

"It will be alright, we will kill him not the other way around, we promise." Brody says in reassurance while I let silent tears fall, finally letting it all out.

We sit on the floor for what feels like an eternity, while I let the tears I have held back all this time, out.  

When I finally stop crying, I hear my stomach rumble in hunger. Nate and Brody thinks it's funny until I smack them in the back of the head with a chuckle of my own.

I get to the kitchen and start grabbing things for breakfast, since I have been crying.

I make bacon, eggs, pancakes, and pour them a glass of orange juice and me a glass of water. I don't like orange juice unless its Sunny- D.

After we are done eating, we go out side to train together. They show me different tricks I can use during battle, and more. We do that until the sun goes down.

We all head up to our rooms and take showers to clean the sweat and dirt off of our bodies. Once we are all done we go down to eat dinner with my parents and Kenz.

Today was surprisingly calm compared to the past days. Let's hope it stays that way for a little longer.

--------------------

(1/20/19)

Hey everyone! How was the chapter?

Was it good? Meh? Let me know in the comments. Also, please let me know if there is any grammar errors so I can fix them.

Have a wonderful day my Vikings!

--------------------

The Secret (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें