Chapter 18

Alex's POV

I can't believe I am not allowed in the conference room while they talk about the war.

The only things my mom told me were that the most powerful witch had a vision of war when I was born, and that the witch has been in hiding ever since.

"What is wrong?" Kenzie asks me with an expression of annoyance for not answering her for the fifth time.

"I don't want to talk about it. I am sure Brody will brief you on the situation since you are his Delta after all." I say calmly but it slightly comes out rudely.

"No, you are telling me because I have to protect you. Didn't we go over this like a million times, I am the protector to the moon queen. And if you haven't noticed yet, that is you. So stop moping around and tell me what is wrong." She says confidently. I look up at her and sigh, she's right about that.

"Fine, my mom is friends with the most powerful witch ever. When I was born the witch had a vision of war." I say to her with a bored look.

"Well, doesn't that suck. You were more less stamped with the words 'UNLUCKY' on your forehead in bold letters when you were born?" She asks the last part somewhat like a question.

"Yup, isn't it great?" I ask sarcastically with an eye roll on 'great'.

"Well, what do you wanna do?" Kenzie asks me.

"I don't know. Do you guys have ice cream and really good movies?" I ask her with a slight enthusiastic voice.

"Heck yeah we do!" She shouts and runs out of the room only to come back a second later. "What is your favorite ice cream?" She asks me.

"Cookie dough" I say simply before she bolts out of the room.

I walk over to the TV in the room, which is across from the bed, and turn it on. I change the settings to the DVD player so when she comes back it is already prepared to pop a movie in. I then go back to the bed when I am done. 

She comes back with the movie and the two tubs of ice cream. One of the tubs is cookie dough, for me, and the other one is french vanilla, obviously for her. I then get one of the spoons she brought and start digging into the ice cream even before the movie starts. 

 I try to ask her what movie it is, but she says it is one of her favorites. The opening title pops up, 'Corpse Bride', and the movie starts. I have never seen the movie before, but it is good so far. While we are watching the movie we finish our ice cream and put the empty tubs on the night stand. We start to doze off during the middle of the movie and end up falling asleep.

When we wake up, the movie is off and is a blank blue screen. I look over to see Kenzie still asleep and I slowly get out of the bed. I then pull the blankets over her and walk out of the room quietly.

I go downstairs to the kitchen and get snacks. When I have a grocery bag full of snacks, I go to walk out of the kitchen only to find someone in the way. I look up to find that it is my dad looking at my bag with an amused grin on his face.

"I see you have enough snacks for a small army." He says with a chuckle after.

"Hey, leave me and my snacks alone. They didn't do anything to you." I say to him and he only chuckles more at me.

"I didn't say they did. But anyways, what have you been up to?" He asks to me.

"Well, I have been hanging with my new bestie. We were watching a movie and eating ice cream, but we fell asleep." I say calmly.

"Oh okay, well I will be here more often helping your mates train for the war. I am sorry we can't tell you about what we are doing yet, but I will brief you on all of what we talked about over training tomorrow." My dad says reassuringly with a small smile.

"Okay, goodnight dad."I say and hug him before walking towards the stairs.

"Good night Alex." I hear him whisper before I head up the steps all the way.

When I get back to the room, Kenzie starts to move around on the bed before opening her eyes. She jolts up, looking frantically before her gaze lands on me and she sighs in relief.

"What's wrong?" I ask her worriedly.

"Nothing, I just thought you..nevermind.  What is in the bag?" She asks me curiously looking down at the bag in my hand.

"Our snack after a 'long' day of 'hard work'." I say while putting air quotes and sarcasm leaking from my voice.

"Yes! Thank you!" She shouts and I toss the bag on the bed. I sit down and start scarfing food down since me and her hadn't ate dinner. Apparently we slept throughout the entire day...oh well. It isn't our faults, we had nothing to do.

"We are bestie's, deal?" Kenzie asks while putting her hand out for a hand shake.

"Deal" I say and shake her hand with a huge smile and my face.

-------------------------

(11/20/18)

Hey wolves! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I know this was more of a Kenzie and Alex best friend relationship chapter, but I don't care. These two are besties forever, no questions asked.

But anyway, how did you like the chapter? Good? Bad? Meh? Let me know in the comments. And I am sorry nothing happened in this chapter that was exciting, but the next chapter MIGHT have drama or action......I still don't know. 

Have a wonderful day my Vikings!

----------------------