Epilogue

I immediately fell backwards into a chair and just sat there. Staring at no one. Staring at nothing.

I felt empty. I felt numb. I felt helpless.

I closed my eyes and just leaned backwards letting the emotions surround me and my head continued to pound and my chest continued to hurt.

Somehow I had managed my way up to my room where I had a restless night sleep. Not demigod dreams, just heartbreak.

I rolled out of bed the next morning and slowly started my day off with a warm shower.

I closed my eyes and tried to swallow the negativity before I made my way out to breakfast.

Hope was the only one awake at this hour. The others wouldn't be at breakfast for another half an hour.

"How you feeling?" Hope asked me as I sat down across from her.

Thoughts swarmed through my brain.

Terrible.

Heartbroken.

Miserable.

Lonely.

Empty.

I finally settled on a reply that was somewhat longer than the rest of my one liners I was thinking of.

"We got the mission done. That's what matters." I said to her.

I had just sat down but I didn't want Hope to press on so I got up and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Hope asked.

"To finish the mission."

I said walking outside. The weather was crap and I assumed it was reflecting my mood. I figured it would be like this for days to come, it would stay like this until I was able to push her out of my mind.

I knew it, I didn't want feelings because they come with pain and it would only distract me from the war. I screwed up, I gave in.

"Zeus!" I yelled at the sky. "I have something for you!"

Nothing happened until I pulled the sword from the sheath on my back.

Suddenly, golden light began to shimmer around my body and my body began to flake off into golden flakes until I disappeared.

I reappeared standing in the throne.

Aphrodite had a disappointed look on her face. She had to have been feeling the same thing I was.

"What news do you bring?" Zeus asked me.

I threw him the sword with he caught at the hilt through mid air.

"The Vikings have agreed to fight alongside us throughout this war." I said to them.

"Good." Zeus said with a grin on his face. "That is very good news."

"And next time they ask you for help. I expect you listen to them." I said to Zeus.

Zeus's face dropped as he remembered turning down their offer during Ragnarok. "Yes, yes I will."

"We are sorry for what happened with the girl." Aphrodite said to me.

My face grew dark.

"It's for the best, she took distracted me from the war. I'll train, and I'll fight. The Titans don't stand a chance."

***
Olympus was dark, everyone was sleeping soundly in their temples.

Victory was upon the Gods and they knew they were no longer afraid, not with the Vikings on their side.

A shadow crept through the dark streets of Olympus heading toward the Olympian vault.

"We only need one thing. Nothing else." The voice of his master rang through the man's head.

As he approached the vault doors he conjured up flames to cover his hand. He reached out and melted himself through the door and into the vault.

"Ooo the Golden Fleece very nice." He hissed as headed straight to the back.

He found it sitting alone on a pedestal with no guards.

He licked his lips as his tail slithered on the ground and his wings gave a quick flap.

"Finally." He said grabbing the item.

Alarms immediately started going off but the man had already disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

And Pandora's Box was gone.