10- Preparations

"Come with me." Landon said to me as we exited from the room.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"To the Wolf Den." Was all he said to me as we walked through the hallways.

Rafael and I were fairly close. We didn't hang out a lot but we could hold a conversation with each other and never turned down an opportunity to hang out a little. We were always busy, he was the Alpha of the werewolves here at Salvatore and I was off saving the world and fighting monsters.

Grunting came from the gymnasium, the werewolf gymnasium. The werewolves were having a little fun fighting each other.

They never changed forms, from what I could tell Rafael was the only one who could it at will.

Landon and I stood in the doorway watching them have their masculinity contest.

Rafael's green eyes flashed yellow before he looked over at us. He grabbed a towel, slung it over his shoulder, and jogged over to us.

"What's up guys?" He questioned.

"How's it going Raf?" Landon said playfully punching him in the chest.

"We need your help." I admitted to him.

"Oooo, for a quest?" He asked as we walked.

Landon nodded. "Have you ever been the Arctic circle?"

Rafael laughed. "Obviously not, you guys are joking."

He stopped and looked at our faces. "Oh, you're serious."

I nodded. "We're going to need a little extra help this time around. This time it's a little out of my element."

"No more gods?" Rafael asked.

"No more Greek Gods, this time we're dealing with the one farther North."

"I'm in, I've always wanted to meet Thor." Rafael said excitedly. "I'll go get ready." He said before jogging off.

Landon looked at each other. "That was too easy."

"Someone's been waiting to get out of the house." I said as I shoved my hands in my pockets and continued to walk.

"We should go catch up with the others."

***
Olivia stood nervously by the door equipped with only a small bag and her phone.

"How you feeling?" I asked her.

She shook her head and made eye contact with me like I had just pulled her from a deep thought.

"Huh, oh yeah, to be honest I'm terrified. I can't imagine how you felt last year." She said biting her nails anxiously.

"Just try not to fall into a coma." I said shrugging. "That always helps."

A laugh escaped from her nervous lips and she gave me a small smile before turning serious.

"You can't ever do that to me again." She said sternly.

"I won't."

"Promise?"

I smiled at her. "Promise."

"Pinky?" She questioned as she held out the pinky on her left hand.

I locked my pinky with hers. "Pinky."

Honestly, even after the whole Thanatos incident I was still terrified. I had more of my powers than I did on my first quest but at the same time I knew the Titans were awake and that Jack was still out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if we came face to face with one or two titans along the way. If the Norse gods were still alive they would make valuable allies in the coming war. Enough to shift the tide of the war. They would stop at nothing to prevent us from retrieving the necklace.

Rafael, Hope, and Landon appeared down the hall as they all walked towards us with their bags. An Alpha Werewolf, a Werewolf/ Vampire/ Witch Tribrid, a literal Phoenix, and two demigods made up a pretty good team.

"You guys ready to go?" Landon asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Olivia sighed quietly.

"If you ever feel pressured, just remember that Hope once killed me to save the world." Landon said trying to reassure her.

She laughed a little bit as Saltzman came out of his office.

"Oh good, you're all here." He said to us. "Rafael, do you have someone to take over for you while you're gone?"

Rafael nodded. "Jeb is going to keep the wolves in check while I'm away."

Saltzman nodded. "And since every single one of our Enigma clan is leaving, I will be filling in for you guys at meetings if needed."

"Thank you." Hope said to him. "Anyways, we should be leaving now."

"Ah, ah, ah." Saltzman said to us. "Not just yet."

"What now?" Hope complained earned a disapproving look from the Doctor.

Saltzman brought out five small blue booklets with an eagle on the front and the word "Passport" written across the top. "You can't cross into Canada and Greenland without these."

"Wow thanks, that was some quick thinking." I said to him. I had totally forgotten about border crossing.

"Did you guys remember to bring warm clothes?" Alaric asked us like he's was being an overprotective father.

We all nodded our heads. "Don't worry, I think we got everything." Hope said.

"One more thing." Dr. Saltzman said pulling out a pair of keys. "Take the car, but not a scratch."

"Sorry Doctor, but we're going to be fighting monsters and titans I don't think you're able to make those kind of demands." I said to him.

Hope elbowed me in the stomach. "We're going to fight Titans?" She growled. "That information would've been useful."

"Sorry, but we'll be fine." I said to her.

"Fine? We're fighting deities that came before the Olympians."

"Don't worry I killed the God of Death."

"Yeah, and put yourself in a coma while doing it." Hope growled.

"Let's go." Landon said grabbing the keys as we headed out the door.

"Shot gun." Landon called out.

"Window." Rafael and Olivia said at the same time.

"Well, I guess that means I have middle seat then." I said defeated.

I hated riding middle, but it was whatever. We had bigger fish to fry and by fish I meant going to the Arctic and retrieving an ancient necklace that can take us to other worlds.

"I never thought I'd be saying this but let's go to the Arctic."