2- No Place Like Home

"Welcome back stupid." Josie said greeting me at the door.

"Hey Jo." I said smiling at her as I carried my bags in.

She pulled me in for a tight hug.

I winced in pain at my bruised and sore body.

"Oh jeez." Josie said jumping backwards. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head. "Not really."

"You are looking pretty exhausted." She said putting the back of her hand against my forehead.

"I got into a fight with a sea serpent." I said as Olivia limped in behind me.

"It was a real pain in the ass." She said dropping her bags.

"Achilles, Hope." Dr. Saltzman said popping out of his office. His eyes looked towards Landon who just walked into the school. "Landon, all three of you in my office."

I smiled a goodbye at Josie.

"Find me later, we'll go get some food." She said waving me a goodbye.

Olivia, Hope, and Landon may have been my closest friends the ones I had trekked halfway across the country with and have fought countless foes together, but Josie was basically my sister and nothing could change that.

I followed Hope and Landon into the room.

I closed the door and leaned against the doorframe as the other two sat across from Dr. Saltzman.

"What's going on?" Hope asked crossing one leg over the other.

"While you guys were taking time off on the beach this happened." Dr. Saltzman said spinning his computer towards Hope and Landon.

I pushed myself off the doorframe and walked behind the other two teenagers.

Different videos from around the world began to play. All around the globe there was evidence of freak storms happening, supernatural storms.

Tornadoes in the Midwest.

Cyclones, Hurricanes, and Tsunamis in the oceans.

Earthquakes around the coasts.

Sandstorms across the desert.

Volcanoes erupting from several dormant volcanoes.

"What could be causing this?" Hope asked.

"This is like nothing the world has ever experienced, especially not all at once." Landon said.

"Precisely." Dr. Saltzman said flipping the computer back towards him. "I've been doing my research to find out which creature could be causing this sort of weather phenomenon and haven't gotten any luck."

My face paled and my legs felt dizzy. A feeling of guilt tied itself a knot into my stomach.

I knew exactly what was going on.

"You are the key to everything." A voice said in my head.

It was distant but familiar, like a whisper in the wind.

I gripped the back of the seats as the voices of Hope, Landon, and Dr. Saltzman's voices all became a blur.

It was my sisters voice. Athena's.

"Its my fault." I said as I regained myself.

Silence spread through the room like an infection.

"What? That's not possible." Landon said shocked.

"How do you even come to that conclusion?" Dr. Saltzman said.

I looked at Hope.

"He's right."

The two looked at Hope like she was insane.

"Think about it, he had a dream to find me. When no one knew who I was, looking for school. Greek monsters and gods show up. We literally find a box that is being guarded by a Titan who was awoken from his birth, he bests the God of Death in combat and releases a surge of energy I have never even heard of and now this happens." Hope said.

"Not to mention the serpent that we just fought a couple of hours ago." I said shrugging.

Dr. Saltzman stuttered.

"You guys fought a serpent?!" He asked. "Why was I not told of this?"

"Sorry, we had a lot on our plate." Landon said shrugging.

"Epimetheus told me that I was so much more than the son of Zeus, and I had thought it meant because I was the Champion of Olympus but I was wrong." I said. "I am the key to everything that has happened and will happen."

"What do you mean?" Saltzman asked standing up.

"Epimetheus is the Titan of Afterthought which all I can assume is that he knew I was going to fight Thanatos and release that amount of energy. That's why he handed the box over so easily." I said beginning to put it all together.

"Why would he want you to unleash your power, wouldn't that just make you more of a threat." Landon asked confused now.

I shook my head. "After I used that amount of power, all of my other powers are but a spark of their former selves the only thing that I still have full control of is my birth powers."

"That still doesn't explain why Epimetheus would want that to happen." Hope said.

"The amount of power I unleashed awoken the Titans, thus causing an imbalance of power which is causing the weather anomalies." I said to them.

"Makes sense." Saltzman said hitting the desk.

"So what happens now?" Landon asked.

I shook my head. "We wait."

"Wait for what? Another terrible thing to happen?" Hope asked.

"Right now I'm useless, I have had no dreams, no visions, no godly visitors so we're helpless at the moment."

"Well for now, you guys attend whatever classes you guys have." Saltzman said to us as we headed towards the doors.

"I feel a 'but' coming." I said meeting his eyes.

"But... if anything happens. You guys are on it as soon as possible. Just make sure you keep me updated."

We all nodded before heading out.

The halls were busy like a zoo as everyone who had gone home for the summer was preparing to move back in for the school year that was just around the corner.

Hope bounced off a kid and was caught by Landon.

"No place like home." She sighed annoyed.

I laughed at her as I dodged a freshman who was sprinting through the halls.

"I'll catch you guys later." I said heading towards the stairs to where my room was.

"Where are you going?" Hope asked me suspiciously.

I gave a small smirk and nodded my head at the two.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."