18- The Sons Of Ragnar

"It's official." Landon said knocking bone dust off his clothes. "I hate skeletons."

"Draugr." Hope corrected as we wandered through the now empty corridors.

"They're both bones and they both die. As far as I'm concerned they're the same thing." Landon defended himself as we walked.

We came to a smaller chamber where torches burned brightly along the walls.

"Alright, let's take a break for a bit. We must have cleared the rest of the draugr out with the racket we made." I said leaning back against the wall and sliding to the ground.

I closed my eyes and fell into yet another restless sleep.

***
"Hello?" I asked.

I was standing up in the middle of the chamber where we had decided to take our break. Two other corridors reached out to the left and to the right.

"Olivia?" I asked in the chamber.

I looked around me and saw that the entire team was asleep, even myself.

I cursed at myself.

"I'm lucid dreaming again."

I wandered around the chambers before I decide to test the waters with the other two corridors.

I walked down the hall to the right, it was funky lit.

I shivered as a gust of cold wind brushed passed and something slightly drilled my shoulder. I figured I had just hit the wall and continued walking until I came to a rectangular chamber.

The end of the chamber was made out of complete gold with the carving of a large man with long red hair along with a long red beard. His hand was shoved into the sky and lightning seemed to radiate from the man's hammer in his hand.

"Thor." I said to myself as I examined the etching in the gold.

I had found myself wandering into the center of the room hypnotized by the magnificent shrine of the God.

A large stone cover was lying tilted half on half off one of the sarcophagus's in the front right corner of the room.

Curiously, I moved to examine the sarcophagus. I peered into the coffin and jumped back in shock. It was empty.

I crouched down and read the name on the coffin.

"Ubba."

I paled.

I spun on my heel to examine the other coffins and saw that all of them were empty.

I concentrated and tried to remember the books I had read. Draugr's were undead Viking warriors, but sometimes powerful draugr have abilities, magic even.

My mind flashed back to moments ago when I thought I had accidentally ran into the wall.

The Sons of Ragnar, they were invisible.

Oh no, no, no, no, no. 

I needed to wake up and fast before my friends and I were killed in our sleep.

I closed my eyes and focused on waking up.

No luck.

I pinched my arm.

Still no luck.

My ring glinted off the dim lighting and I got an idea.

"This is really stupid." I said to myself as I called upon Stormcaster. "This is going to hurt really bad."

I said closing my eyes as I stabbed the sword through my stomach.

***
My eyes flew open.

The metal from a sword brandishing itself was heard through the air along with a low growl.

I used my gut to feel where the power was coming from.

The other three sons were standing back, slowly making their way towards us but one had his sword raised ready to stab down on Olivia's chest.

I was immediately on my feet drawing Stormcaster and putting it horizontally over Olivia's chest.

I heard the sword come down up Stormcaster as it deflected off my bronze blade.

Olivia's green eyes opened, her breath was moving rapidly as she saw me with my sword over her.

"Ash, what's going on?" She asked me.

"Wake the others." I said to her.

Rafael was already on all four legs growling towards the other invisible draugr.

I quickly did a spin move and made a flying kick at the draugr, my foot, meeting ribs.

The draugr bounced back as the invisibility spell wore off their tendon-less bodies.

"You're a life saver." Olivia said to me as Hope and Landon jumped to their feet as we readied ourself for a fight.

"Son of Zeus, you should not be here." The lead draugr growled at me.

His head creaked towards Olivia. "Daughter of Loki, a pleasant surprise."

His head finally made its way to the others. "A Lycan, a Phoenix, and an anomaly." He growled. "An interesting grouping. No matter, you killed our brethren. You will all die."

The draugr charged at us.

I figured out that Ubba was the leader and the others were his brothers.

We sword-fought for minutes on end.

Hope and Landon were doing a good job fending off the brother know as Ivar the Boneless, while Rafael was in a fighting match with Hvisterk, while Olivia was busy with Bjorn Ironside.

Ubba was clearly about as sick of sword fighting as I was as he took a step back and opened his mouth breathing a large stream of fire at me.

I was quick to roll underneath and come up on the other side.

The draugr lunged at me and caught my throat in his hands.

"I have you now." His cold breath ripped at my face.

I winked at him.

"Wrong." I said as I brought my sword up and cut his arms off. As my feet touched the ground again, I spun and sliced the skull off his head.

Olivia kicked Bjorn into the wall and watched as his bones crumbled to the ground.

Rafael was contently chewing on a bone, multiple bones actually.

Landon had their draugr sandwiched between the two of them.

Hope spun to kick the draugr in the chest but stopped suddenly and let out a scream as a sword pierced through her stomach.

The draugr suddenly burned to a crisp as Landon burned through him and ran forward to catch Hope.

"Hope!" Landon called to her as she fell into his arms.

"No."