16- Tomb Of Ragnar

"I hate you." Olivia growled into my shoulder as we soared through the air on the back of Pegasus.

The other two Pegasi flew alongside us with Landon, and Hope on one and Rafael on the other.

"Are you kidding?!" I asked. I loving this, flying on the back of a Pegasus through my father's domain on the way to save the world again. "This is amazing!" I cheered.

"Remember, I'm leading this mission so if I fall off and die we lose." She threatened me.

"You only forgot one thing." I said smirking at myself as we passed through a cloud.

"And what's that?" She questioned.

"I can fly as well." I said spinning around and wrapped my arms around her back before rolling us off the back of the Pegasus.

She screamed as we fell hundreds of feet towards the snow covered ground below us.

She opened her eyes and glared at me. "Fly, now."

A shadow darted through the sky from behind us.

I smirked at her. "No, I don't think I will."

She continued to scream until a large winged horse flew underneath us catching us mid flight.

"Nice catch buddy." I said patting his side.

He neighed his response almost as if he was laughing at Olivia.

"I really, really hate you now." She said placing her forward laying it on my spine.

I put my hand on hers that was rested on my thigh and she interlocked her fingers around mine. I felt her lips twitch into a smile against my back.

Pegasus suddenly angled down into a nose dive sending us towards the ground with the other two horses in tow.

We dismounted the three Pegasi. We were standing on a small clearing overlooking a small village at the bottom of the mountain.

Steps were leading both up and down the side of the mountain.

Pegasus neighed up towards the mountain.

"Thanks for the lift buddy, wait for us. We'll be back." I said patting his neck.

"Where do we go now?" Landon asked me.

"Olivia?" I said turning to her. "Which way?"

Olivia looked at me confused. "I'm not sure."

"Look at me." I said to her.

She cleared her throat and looked into my eyes.

"As a demigod, we are able to feel beings of power, but not only but artifacts as well. Close your eyes please."

She closed her eyes.

"Now concentrate. Stop listening to mind as well as your heart. Listen with your gut, feel with your gut. The one thing a demigod needs to rely on are your instincts." I said to her.

"Now, what can you feel?" I asked her.

"Power." She said to me. "I can feel you, and your ring."

"Now, expand your horizons, widen your search. Which way is the necklace."

She spun on her heel until she was facing the direction of the stairs going up.

"It's up." She said opening her eyes.

She looked back at me and smiled.

I smiled back at her and gestured forward. "Lead the way."

***
We walked for hours along the narrow stairs constantly on the verge of one slip away from falling all the way down the mountainside.

The sun was finally starting to set as we reached a clearing at the top of the stairs.

No entrance to a tomb to be seen.

Rafael had changed into wolf form so that he was able to stay warm and enhance his enhanced sense even more.

He paced back and forth keeping a patrol making sure we were safe. He finally concluded that we were safe when he laid down in the snow and began licking his paws.

We were stopped at a dead end.

"No, no. I don't understand." She said spinning on her heel towards me. "It's here, I can feel it. I followed the path and everything." She complained.

Olivia looked defeated. She was feeling like she had just ruined the mission.

"Come on, let's set up camp. Warm up by the fire and we'll devise a plan." I said trying to reassure her. "It's not over yet."

Shortly after Landon and I had gathered firewood using my sword and the few trees that were in the clearing.

Landon started the fire with a snap. Rafael had laid down behind the girls allowing them to use him as a back rest as they took a quick nap.

"So, now that Olivia's asleep." Landon started. "Are we in the right place?"

I nodded as I took a bite from one of the granola bars we had in our bags. "I can feel it. It's much stronger than it was when we were down there."

I stood up and looked towards the mountainside.

Something was extremely puzzling here.

"So Landon." I said placing my hands against the ice wall. "What would you do if someone tried to raid an ancient Vikings tomb that contained a very powerful artifact?"

"Ummm, move the body to a place that was unreachable?" He asked.

"Like inside the top of a mountain that becomes encased in snow and ice due to the frigid temperatures?" I asked him smirking.

Landon's eyes exploded in realization at what I was getting at.

"Wake the girls." I said to him as I drew my sword.

"This is going to take all three of you guys." I said stabbing my sword through the snow and ice until I heard metal on metal on the other side.

The doors to the tomb.

"What's going on?" The girls asked stepping up next to me with Landon.

"You were right Olivia." I said looking at the wall of snow. "The tomb is here."

"So what do we do now?" Hope asked sticking her hands in the back of her jean pockets.

"Melt the snow until the doors appear." I said to them before stepping back.

Landon ignited himself in fire as he entered his Phoenix form while the other two girls used their magic to create streams of flames at the wall. One orange and the other green.

The door slowly began to appear and shortly after, two large metal doors appeared. Viking warriors were etched into the front of the door as if they were in battle while Nordic runes had been carved into the top of the door.

"What does it say?" Hope asked as Rafael came over to investigate what was going on.

Olivia squinted at the writing before speaking.

"It reads, The Tomb of Ragnar."