6- Artemis

One month later...

I rolled out of my bed and looked at my alarm clock.

I was up five minutes before it was set to ring at eight thirty. I quickly turned it off before getting ready for the day.

Today's plans consisted of..
• Breakfast
• Workout/ Training
• Lunch with Josie, Hope, Landon, and Rafael in town.
• Homecoming.

I shuddered at the thought of homecoming. Ever since last year I was against dances, not to mention the fact that I had to fight my demonic cousin shortly after.

I rolled my eyes as I got into the shower. I still didn't have a date for the dance either and I could bank on Josie to go with me since I had asked Penelope to come back last year.

I got out of the shower about fifteen minutes later still thinking about the entire thing.

I could just ask Olivia again but I mean last year she did turn around and then go with the kid who was bullying me.

Which then turned out to be my shapeshifting demon cousin who was the son of Hades, Jack Quincy.

I still didn't know where he was or what he was up to but I had a feeling we hadn't seen the last of him.

A pinch ran through the back of my spine. Someone was in my room.

I slowed my breathing in an effort to hear outside of my bathroom.

Footsteps silently crossed the floor, like they were sneaking before they disappeared completely and out of earshot.

I put on my clothes as fast as I could and summoned Stormcaster before slowly turning the knob as silent as a ninja.

I turned the corner to see the intruder.

A woman with long auburn hair stood looking at the picture of my mother and I. She wore a black shirt underneath a silver open front sweater and a pair of black jeans.

She looked my age from the angle I was at.

Her eyes shifted slightly a the light danced off her silver eyes.

The aura coming off of her was strong, almost deadly.

"Who are you?" I asked holding my sword in a defensive position.

As quick as sound, a silver bow materialized in the woman's hand with an arrow nocked pointed straight between my eyes.

"Achilles. It's only you." She said immediately lowering her bow.

"And you are?" I asked still confused I almost felt dumb.

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm insulted you don't recognized one of your sisters especially considering the fact you saw me just a month ago."

Then it struck me like a punching glove arrow. "Artemis." I said.

She nodded.

"What are you doing here?"

She slowly took a seat on my bed.

"I'm on a hunt, I've been tailing a very powerful monster at that, it's scent led me here." She said narrowing her eyes at me.

"And you think it's me?"

She laughed. "Gods no, but someone in this school is not the person they say they are."

"Then why are you in my room?" I questioned.

She took a deep breath. "I need your help."