21- Daughter of Magic

I stood in the middle of the arena as I watched the battle unfold.

Draugr were charging towards Rafael, Landon, and Hope from all over the arena while Olivia was near the throne in a stalemate with Ragnar.

Landon had gone full Phoenix form and literally every draugr that neared him was burnt to a crisp.

Hope was tired, her body wasn't in the state to continue casting spells and Landon was too hot to the touch for him to keep her up.

Rafael was once again in wolf form tearing through draugr like it was nothing.

Honestly though, how many draugr were there?

I launched off my feet towards my friends. I hovered through the air until I reached Hope.

"Keep fighting, I got Hope." I said to Landon.

Landon nodded as his flames burned brighter he charged into the legion of skeletons.

"You good?" I asked her as we touch the stone floor a little ways from the legion.

She nodded her head but could barely keep her eyes open.

"You're lying." I said to her.

I leaned her against the wall where she slid down to the floor with her eyes closed.

"Then why'd you ask?"

I shrugged. "Just to see what you'd say."

I crouched down in front of her and pulled her chin up. "You need to stay awake though. You got that?"

She nodded and placed a hand where her wound was. Blood slowly began to seep through the cracks between her fingers.

"Oh shit." I whispered.

"Landon!" I yelled. "We need you!"

About four skeletons exploded into the sky before Landon came running out in his human form.

"What is it?" He asked.

"It's Hope, she needs healing. Her spells aren't sealing the wound." I said to him. "You make sure she stays alive and I'll go finish the fight." I said before drawing my bow and running off.

Olivia screamed as Ragnar kicked her feet out from under her and pinned her down from above.

I quickly spun and fired an arrow at his head.

The arrow knocked his crown off his head successfully taking his attention away from Olivia who managed to successfully slip out from underneath him.

I grabbed a draugr from the back of its head and channeled absurd amount of electricity into his. The electricity shot from his eyes and his mouth as it caused a chain like event jumping from draugr to draugr.

"Rafael, you got the rest. I'm going to go help Olivia." I said before pulling myself off my feet through the air towards Ragnar.

Ragnar drew his sword as he saw me near. He was dual wielding a giant battle axe as well as a small one handed sword.

He roared in delight as I approached.

He battled all three of our blades off at once, Ragnar was good. Better than any I had dueled against, except maybe Thanatos but he was literally a god.

I lunges at Ragnar and planted my foot straight into his back towards Olivia.

Olivia immediately spun around and sent a kick into Ragnar's chest sending him back to me.

His weapons dropped and I immediately put him in a chokehold. Only then did I realize that Draugr could not be choked.

He wasn't focused on me. His hands were scrambling for something around his neck and on his chest.

"Looking for something?" Hope asked holding the necklace up that was laced between her fingers.

Ragnar roared before I drew Stormcaster and silenced him forever.

"Rest in peace." I said to his lifeless body.

***
Clapping echoed throughout the chamber. It was a slow clap, someone had been watching us the whole time.

A pale face and long black hair appeared from the darkness. Green and gold robes seemed to illuminate the chamber as he neared us.

"Well done children. Very impressive." He said smiling.

"Loki." I said preparing myself in case he turned out to be a threat.

"Achilles Walker." He said to me. "The Son of Zeus. I have been watching your career with great interest."

"Is that why you had been appearing to me a few months ago." I questioned.

Landon And Hope slowly stumbled over. She wasn't in good shape. Rafael came to her rescue and held her up on the other side.

Olivia was silent. Tears in her eyes. She had been waiting for this moment since she had been dropped off at Salvatore all those years ago.

"Dad?" She asked.

"Hello, Olivia." He said smiling slightly. "I see you needed my training after all."

"Did you ever love my mom?" Olivia asked growing angry at the dry reunion. "Did you ever love me? Do you ever miss her?"

Loki shook his head. "I loved your mother very, I love you very much, but I do not miss her."

"Why?" Olivia asked. She wanted answers.

"Because I see your mother everyday." Loki said to her.

Olivia froze in her place. Loki had just struck a spot.

I stepped in. "Why are you here, Loki?"

"I am here to guide you safe travels to Asgard." Loki said to me.

"I think we can manage." I said to him.

"So you know to work the necklace?" He asked me.

He had me beat, none of knew how it worked, how to reach our intended destination. Hell, until now we didn't even know where were headed.

"Give him the necklace Olivia." I said to her.

She underhand tossed the necklace into Loki's hands.

He made a bunch of marks on the gem inside of the necklace, Nordic Runes before he gripped the side of the necklace and a blue stream emitted before it hit the wall and opened up a shimmering blue portal which what looked like a magnificent city on the other side.

"Woah." I said as I neared the entrance.

"What is this place?" Olivia asked as she stood next to me.

Loki came up next to her and place a hand on her shoulder.

She looked up at him expectantly.

He gave a small smile and gestured a hand for us to go through first.

"Welcome home, Daughter of Magic."